FI Fuel Pump questions

During a race last weekend, I dropped my bike, it stalled and would not start again. The only way I can get it to start is to tow it, but when it does start it is not running well and sounds like there might be a fuel starvation problem.

I pulled the checked the fuel pump on the bike kicked it over a few times and nothing us pumping out of it. Then removed the fuel pump out of the tank and connected it to a 9V power supply and while it sounded like the motor was turning on the pump, there was no fuel pumping, so I tore the fuel pump assembly apart down to the motor, then re-connected it to the 9V power supply and while the motor is turning there is still no fuel flowing.

Before I go and borrow someone a tank fuel pump from someone and put it on the bike, I wanted to see if anyone else has had similar problems?

After more testing, and running the fuel pump at higher voltage and current it works fine, bike had a spark, not sure what the problem is, but it not running - possibly check the rectifier, or connect the ecu to a computer and check it - anyone one want to share similar problems and findings?

Problem solved - low compression top ring was stuck in its slot on the piston for some reason, put new piston in it, buttoned it back together fired it up no probs, took it for a ride down the street and it stalled again, could not get it started. Took air filter off, fired right up let it run with the filter off for a few mins, put the filter back on and running like normal again - weird....... Could the dirty filter that I took out prior have done something to the computer module where it was sensing a lack of air, which when I removed the filter cleared it out and corrected the setting - I have no idea ;-), but she is running again ;-)

sounds like a air bubble in your fuel system after you did the top end. Mine does that after I pull the fuel tank. Just happened to start right after you pulled the filter. Glad to hear you found the problem. Dirty filter could have caused the ring to stick thou. I don't go more than a couple rides before I put a clean filter in. Cheers