Sign in to follow this  

FCR 41 Sudco Kit for Xr 650R

Hello there

Needless to say that the FCR 41 Carb Sudco Kit for Xr 650 R cost as lot and come with ZERO installations directions

there is a long screw that come with the kit with a machined aluminum lip and i have no idea where it goes ...

any help will be apppreciated

Thank you

DSCN1050-1.jpg

i had the same question when i installed mine.

i remember asking eastreich who had a lot info on the sudco kit and he told me it has to be a cable guide.

that has to be correct.

looks like it is supposed to be used in order to replace somehow the original mounting rubber on the left side of the tank?

i can't tell for sure.

what i can tell you though is that you won't miss it if you don't use it at all.

i never used it and never had a problem. nor did eastreich.

so no problem. just keep the cables aligned correctly.

oh and i almost forgot.

here's the manual:

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=668475&highlight=fcr

sorry just kidding.

The 41mm FCR Sudco kit I got for my XRL didn't have a Doohickey like that (nor any instructions) ... I bolted it on, cracked the throttle three or four times and have been having a blast ever since, no problems whatsoever.

Give them a call, I had a good "customer experience" with them when I originally ordered it, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you out. 👍

That part is a fuel tank spacer. It goes on the right side were the tank bolts to the top motor mount. The stem on the part slides into the rubber grommet under the tank. On some 650Rs the cable wheel on the carb will hit the tank if you don't use it. What I did was heat up the tank with a heat gun (while compressed air was blowing the fumes out of the tank) until it got soft enough the reshape it so it didn't rub.

That part is a fuel tank spacer. It goes on the right side were the tank bolts to the top motor mount. The stem on the part slides into the rubber grommet under the tank. On some 650Rs the cable wheel on the carb will hit the tank if you don't use it. What I did was heat up the tank with a heat gun (while compressed air was blowing the fumes out of the tank) until it got soft enough the reshape it so it didn't rub.

X2 had to do the heat gun thing to and also did not use that part. For my bike the supplied taper was to lean at the top, sorry I cant give you info on jet and needle as its been a while.

I was looking to buy an FCR for my bike...Guy selling them on ebay says they bolt on and that the tank does not have to be modified?? He also saif they come jetted for sea level which is fine for me. I don't really want to mess with it, is this thing really bolt on and go?

I was looking to buy an FCR for my bike...Guy selling them on ebay says they bolt on and that the tank does not have to be modified?? He also saif they come jetted for sea level which is fine for me. I don't really want to mess with it, is this thing really bolt on and go?

This is probably the most advanced carb out there,it's a little bit costly but that's up to you.

They are a bit of a fiddle with the tank and all but probably a good thing.