Sign in to follow this  

new guy in Mobile al. 07 XR650L

Picked up a lightly used XR650L Waiting on the title from Honda financing. The PO was a big guy. i am going theu the suspension and removing the eibach stuff and going back to stock. have a week or so till the title arrives so I have plenty of time to get it right before I really start street riding it. Anyhow I thought I would pop in and say hello. Here is my bike as it was when I bought it.

shipandXR022.jpg

Clean bike and welcome to TT. 👍

The rear spring should have a part number on it that includes the rate.

the eibach shock real stiff? im looking to go stiffer. and just wanted to know how. or what to buy

Teh ebach that came of the bike is a 12.5K spring PO was 6'7 and 270 LBS. Yeah it was pretty stiff for my 170 LB butt

Let me know if you need a stock spring. I have one that I will let go cheap.

I have already reinstalled the stock spring. Everything came with the bike. The PO was really good abotu keeping everything he took off the bike.

Here it it as it sets now.

xr002.jpg

Teh ebach that came of the bike is a 12.5K spring PO was 6'7 and 270 LBS. Yeah it was pretty stiff for my 170 LB butt

I was going to say don't change it,but...100 lbs. difference? WOW!🤣

NICE BIKE!!

Iv'e been thinking of getting 3rd bike,like a L (ladies) bike myself for the true dual sport rides that i do.I don't want to wear out my R (racer) on roads.👍

Iv'e been thinking of getting 3rd bike,like a L (ladies) bike myself for the true dual sport rides that i do.I don't want to wear out my R (racer) on roads.👍

WOW,L IS A LADIES BIKE? YOU MUST DATE SOME REALLY BUTCH GALS

🙂

R for race? Sheesh, I thought R was for remedial. You know riders that coucldnt handle the bike and be able to negotiate traffic at the same time..🤣

Edited by gunz

R for race? Sheesh, I thought R was for remedial.

That's a good one!🤣 I am sooo going to use it in the future. 👍

Oh wait...I have a 600R don't I?

have at it. I saw a little humor about the L sent my way , so i thought I would return the favor. Just good clean fun. As long as your riding, Deosnt matter what it is. As long as it isnt a fat girl and your buddies dont catch you if it is...

Welcome Mr. gunz---nice and clean machine!.Just curious,why did the PO sell?---your gain anyway it worked out!🤣👍.

Welcome Mr. gunz---nice and clean machine!.Just curious,why did the PO sell?---your gain anyway it worked out!🤣👍.

Story was hsi wife got tired of him going riding all the time ( did I mention the bike had 1400 miles on it?) Said it pretty much sat the last year adn he got tired of making payments on something he was no longer using. I pretty much just paid it off from honda. Got a great deal. I mean a REALLY great deal. So I am a happy capmer. Glad it worked out in my favor.

PS I dig the Avater haed trauma, , Sux that i am actually old enough to know who Max Headroom is.....

Wow you did score a deal!!! Glad you are a happy capmer!! HT's avatar changes Daily, or at least weekly, depends on the moon and tides and stuff. Welcome to TT and enjoy your new toy.👍

Got all the lights back on here and trimmed the reflector off the tag bracket. Detailed it up. Cant wait to get the paperwork so i can ride it. I need to tear the FJR down and do alot to it.

Remedial!! 🙂🤣:worthy:That was zinger!

HT,i too love the new avitar. That was one of the few shows that i looked forward to seeing.It was a little odd,,

Remedial!! 👍🤣:worthy:That was zinger!

HT,i too love the new avitar. That was one of the few shows that i looked forward to seeing.It was a little odd,,

Only a LITTLE odd? It was VERY odd. but still mildly entertaining.