please help some one who has done both

I did all the free stuff, then bought a JD Jet Kit, did the 3X3, air filter and finally went with a full RS-2. Thats just the motor stuff but it was very affordable and made a HUGE difference in performance. So for about $500 USD you gain HP, Torque and throttle responce. Plus it sounds sexy.

Add in a MCCT for $50 and its great insurance.

I did all those mods. One by one.

i'd go inverse from erling:

MRD/SSW ... FCR .. BigBore

why?

You want max effect from every step.

You want a balanced setup every time.

For example starting with BB is not balanced, because it just wont be able to get air in or out.

There has been a stock+Pipe vs stock+FCR shootout on here not too long ago.

Pipe won for greatest gains (plus sound), and goes along the jetkit and 3x3 nicely.

The stock pipe really chokes the Z up.

Fcr is real nice if the pipe is on, but not without pipe because the FCR opens up mid- and topend. So pipe first, then FCR.

BigBore last. why?

The BigBore needs pipe to breathe.

The BigBore will choke with 36mm mikuni.

Mind you that the BB needs hotcams too.

Also this order of mods is increasing level of tech difficulty.

Sorry if i sound like a smart***

why?

For example starting with BB is not balanced, because it just wont be able to get air in or out.

Pipe won for greatest gains (plus sound), and goes along the jetkit and 3x3 nicely.

Fcr is real nice if the pipe is on, but not without pipe because the FCR opens up mid- and topend. So pipe first, then FCR.

BigBore last. why?

+ 1 on thise order

I'm with Jhondius. I think if you do the big bore first on a corked up bike...you will see such a minor difference...you will wonder why you wasted the money and be discouraged from putting anymore money into it.

MRD/SSW with jetting and 3x3 will probably give you about a 20% gain right out of the box..and you will be grinning ear to ear and eager for the next step.

why?

BigBore last. why?

I won't say you sound smart, but you have it right this time.

Hiiv got a standard bike at the moment. saved up my pocket money, i can either ger a cylinder works big bor kit 440 or an MRD/SSW full exhaust dont no witch one to get first, can some one point me in the right direction ๐Ÿ‘

The big bore kit will give you more noticable gains at this point imo as the stock pipe flows 'ok' at 400-434cc - though of course the BB kit and pipe would be the optimum setup. The pipe will be a good idea down the track particularly if you perform more mods. But make sure you have rejetted and done the free mods as well.

The new pipe is vital when shifting to something like a stroker however...

Both are great assets...... But if you gotta go one at a time.... I`d say BB first......then FCR.....then MRD/SSW...........๐Ÿ‘:thumbsup:

Erling

+1

Erling has done all of these things. Here's some food for thought, if I put a MRD/SSW on my E It'd put out about 41-42 HP a nice gain of 1-2 HP across the range. If I put on a 434 BB It would be about 45 HP (5 HP gain) and torque #'s sky rocket. If I then added a MRD to the BB I'd be looking at 47-48 HP a 20% gain (huge). I personally would get the FCR first because of the throttle response. I haven't read the thread about the MRD beating the FCR recently but I bet they did 2nd gear roll-ons. I also don't believe in just a drag race. It says nothing about the performance of a bike in the areas that we ride in the most often, on the track, street or offroad esp. street and off-road (you've got to remember that the AP doesn't help on top a ton it's through throttle response and range so comparing just the top end takes away from the real benefit of a pumper carb). There is also a reason the master recommends the FCR first. For my bike by far the biggest bang for the buck would be the BB.

sorry to annoy you but why would you do this order?

You are not annoying me at all.๐Ÿ‘ With the 3x3 mod...re jetting done...

I went with BB and fcr39 at the same time......( I had a rs-2 at the time) After fitting the rs-2 (prior to BB and fcr) the bike made more noise, and ripped a little better above 6ooo rpm. It was not as great as I thought. After BB and fcr39....The bike woke up. The bigger displacement add`s a great power factor both in tq. and hp......more so than the pipe......Don`t get me wrong.... The pipe is great....but with otherwise stock motor it will improve through out the rpm range but be most noticeable above 6000 rpm. I know you did`nt ask about the fcr, But it is a.....well..... about a must when you dive in to the modding. All three mods cost about the same....and at some point you will need/get them all.....But at one at a time.....BB would be first....imho.

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘

Erling

Just thought I`d throw this in after reading the whole thread....๐Ÿ™‚:bonk:๐Ÿคฃ... After BB and fcr39.....I was curious about how much the rs-2 really added (Not trying to compare the two pipes....there are no comparison) When I added the pipe I was expecting more..... So I put the stocker back on for a few rides. No re-jet....just the bb.... fcr39 ....3x3.......stock pipe......And the bike still ripped very nice. The stock pipe did a very good job....... But every time my neighbor moved his lawn...I thought someone stole my Z...:applause:๐Ÿคฃ I think there is an important point to add. Your riding style.

Lot`s of bikes here don`t spend much time under 6000 rpm. Mine spend 80% of it`s time from 4000-8000. So with that in mind.....I stand by the order. It might not yield the maximum power on the dyno, and if you spend most of your time above 6000 to the limiter.....Perhaps the pipe should come first, since that will bring the bike alive above 6000rpm. But if you like me spend most of your time from 4-8K..... Then I`d go with the sequence I posted. Perhaps there is no wrong answer here , but take a look at how you ride.......๐Ÿ‘:thumbsup:

Erling

Just thought I`d throw this in after reading the whole thread....๐Ÿ™‚:bonk:๐Ÿคฃ... After BB and fcr39.....I was curious about how much the rs-2 really added (Not trying to compare the two pipes....there are no comparison) When I added the pipe I was expecting more..... So I put the stocker back on for a few rides. No re-jet....just the bb.... fcr39 ....3x3....dj kit...stock pipe......And the bike still ripped very nice. The stock pipe did a very good job....... But every time my neighbor moved his lawn...I thought someone stole my Z...:applause:๐Ÿคฃ I think there is an important point to add. Your riding style.

Lot`s of bikes here don`t spend much time under 6000 rpm. Mine spend 805 of it`s time from 4000-8000. So with that in mind.....I stand by the order. It might not yield the maximum power on the dyno, and if you spend most of your time above 6000 to the limiter.....Perhaps the pipe should come first, since that will bring the bike alive. But if you like me spend most of your time from 4-8K..... Then I`d go with the sequence I posted. Perhaps there is no wrong answer here , but take a look at how you ride.......๐Ÿ‘:thumbsup:

Erling

Now that is the answer to listen to!

why?

BigBore last. why?

That makes sense, thanks for the info thats what i will do ๐Ÿ‘

MRD/SSW with jetting and 3x3 will probably give you about a 20% gain right out of the box..and you will be grinning ear to ear and eager for the next step.

Is it a fact that just doing the 3x3 mod, JD kit and MRS/SSW adds 20% power? seems unlikely......