Sign in to follow this  

engine / tramission help

i changed my oil about a week ago and was out for one run sincee then so i took my bike out today checked oil levels and they were fine and went on... i noticed i wasnt gettin near as much power as usual ,bike didnt sound as loud at all (stock pipe) and sometimes when i pulled my clutch in the bike would move at idle speed with out the clutch in at all... i brang my bike home washed and let engine cool down cause it was really hot and checked colant and there was none visible.... any ideas on what could be the problem here ? thanks in advance

Do the hondas run a common crankcase and transmission oil? I belive they run an uncommon one. Make sure you didnt drain the engine oil and re fill the transmission or visa vera. If i am wrong about the oiling it could very well be a bad head gasket.

they do run seperate oils but the oils did get put back in the right spots.... would a head gasket cause this even if the bike still runs ?

Yes. What can happen is a opening in the between the head and water jacket. The bikes pulls in water on the intake and will slowly pull down the water level. If it is not bad the bike will still run fine. You can fill it up with colant and check for exhaust gases in the colant of if you can smell colant in the exhaust.