Sign in to follow this  

Hard to start, Different issue?

Hey all. Ive got a 300 with the big bore in it. I bought the bike with all the mods already done. Big bore, dyno-jet kit, air box, pipe, etc. I rode the bike almost every weekend for a year. The bike always started in 2 or 3 kicks. After sitting for almost 10 months it wont start. I check for spark, checked the plug and it seemed pretty dry so I took the carb off and made sure it was clean. The bike still wont start. So the plug comes out again and it still looked on the dry side to me so off comes the carb again. Every thing looked good but I completely cleaned it again. No go! So next step.... valves. I adjusted the valves and took a compression check. Ive got 120 with the acr operational. Im kinda at a loss here. Ive got the big three, spark, compression, and fuel. I keep going back to the carby. Am I missing something here.

When you were in the carb, did you remove the pilot jet and inspect it? The hole in it is very small and easily gets blocked.

Ride on

Brewster

Hey Brewster, I did. Ive had that carb apart 3 times now and I'm sure not only are the jets pilot included are clean but every passage in there is clean. I know youve been around the klx for a while. Do you or would you own another one? Which carb in your opinion is the easiest to install if I get rid of the cv carb? Thanks for the reply!

I also have a 36mm Mik on my bike, some people have installed them with the stock cables but I could not get mine on that way. I needed 3.5" longer cables using a Motion Pro throttle. Order 2 open cables when you use the 36mm card.

Dennis