bike is sometimes tough to get from 1st to neutral?

sometimes when riding my bike and coming to a stop I would like to pop it into neutral from 1st. it seems like the shifter is very very hard to pull up, and when I do get it to pull up it just shifts straight into 2nd gear.

sometimes it does this, sometimes it doesnt. its very frustrating when it does and you cant find neutral 👍

how come my bike is like this.. is anything damaged?

thanks.

of all of my hondas (300ex 400ex trx450r xr600 crf450r cr500 ) neutral is the hardest gear to find. I sometimes have to rock the bike around to help find neutral. Sorry I cannot answer if anything is damaged.

of all of my hondas (300ex 400ex trx450r xr600 crf450r cr500 ) neutral is the hardest gear to find. I sometimes have to rock the bike around to help find neutral. Sorry I cannot answer if anything is damaged.

yes, rocking the bike back and forth seems to help mine also.

clutch basket is more than likely notched

also try a different tranny fluid. The Honda HP tranny oil is all I use in the gearbox

nope. brand new barnett clutch basket and plates. it could be the tranny fluid but its hard to say.

as long as nothing internally is damaged/bent im fine with it.

I find it a lot easier to find neutral while I'm rolling, instead of waiting tell I'm stopped

also none of my hondas like to shift once I'm at a stop, like if I come to a stop in 5th it takes a while to get it back to 1st

I find it a lot easier to find neutral while I'm rolling, instead of waiting tell I'm stopped

also none of my hondas like to shift once I'm at a stop, like if I come to a stop in 5th it takes a while to get it back to 1st

yes I notice that too, I think it has something to do with the rear tire turning the clutch or something.

I noticed that sometimes you cant just click down 4 times and go from 5th to 1st, you need to click down once, roll the bike, let things "click" into 4th, then click down again, roll the bike then it settles into 3rd, etc...

Come to a stop in 5th? Maybe you should try

downshifting while on the brakes.

I don't do it all the time, but occasionaly. It happens sometimeswhen you ride every single day of the year, in the dirt and on the street.

Obviously never happens when I'm trying to ride fast, but when I'm riding casually, or in an emergency situation it happens. 👍

maybe if you rode more often you'd know what I'm talking about 🤣🙂