Rear Axle Stuck?

I was wondering on how to remove the rear axle to grease it. I have a 230F.

I can get the axle nut off no problem but when it comes to moving the axle that's a different story. Anyone know the best way to remove it?. I can tap it with a block of wood but that only gets me so far. Is there a spray (WD40) that i can try to get into the axle to free it?. I don't want to damage any seals (if there are any) or bearings. I just got this bike used and want to make sure everything is ok.

Thanks

I was wondering on how to remove the rear axle to grease it. I have a 230F.

I can get the axle nut off no problem but when it comes to moving the axle that's a different story. Anyone know the best way to remove it?. I can tap it with a block of wood but that only gets me so far. Is there a spray (WD40) that i can try to get into the axle to free it?. I don't want to damage any seals (if there are any) or bearings. I just got this bike used and want to make sure everything is ok.

Thanks

Having someone wiggle the tire while you're trying to get the axle out would help. You can use a large flat head screw driver and tap the axle through.

Having someone wiggle the tire while you're trying to get the axle out would help. You can use a large flat head screw driver and tap the axle through.

I was thinking about using a drift pin to punch out the axle. What about spray lube?. Will it damage the seals

It sounds like the guy that had this bike before you didnt remove the rear wheel much to do any cleaning and greasing.You could lay the bike on its side and spray WD-40 down the axle on the nut side, let it work in good and then try to knock it out with a brass drive pin.If it will not move then the bearing may be seized on the axle.Using the brass will keep from harming the axle.Good Luck!

It sounds like the guy that had this bike before you didnt remove the rear wheel much to do any cleaning and greasing.You could lay the bike on its side and spray WD-40 down the axle on the nut side, let it work in good and then try to knock it out with a brass drive pin.If it will not move then the bearing may be seized on the axle.Using the brass will keep from harming the axle.Good Luck!

You mentioned "nut side". From what i've seen in pictures the "nut" is on the left side of the bike. Is this correct?. The reason i'm asking is that the nut is on the right on my bike. Does it matter?

You mentioned "nut side". From what i've seen in pictures the "nut" is on the left side of the bike. Is this correct?. The reason i'm asking is that the nut is on the right on my bike. Does it matter?

The nut should be on the right hand side.