Sign in to follow this  

Shock and forks swap

Will a rear shock and forks of an '04 YZ250F fit an '06 YZ250F? No modifications, no 'seperate parts' . . . just bolt on and go?

Thanx,

HB

"Hello? Hello? Is this thing on (said while thumping the microphone)"

Anybody? Thanx,

HB

Didn't try but I am 99.9% sure they won't fit. -04 has an open chamber fork and -06 has a twin chamber fork. Swap from wr fork to yz fork isn't possible without mods. Why do you want to swap those older KYBs to the newer bike? 👍-06 suspension works much better than -04 suspension.

Didn't try but I am 99.9% sure they won't fit. -04 has an open chamber fork and -06 has a twin chamber fork. Swap from wr fork to yz fork isn't possible without mods. Why do you want to swap those older KYBs to the newer bike? 👍-06 suspension works much better than -04 suspension.

I'm DTXing my '06 250F to go Flat Track racing. I found a guy with a suspension already DTX'ed (same size rider) from an '04 250F.

I could simply take my shock and forks and send them off to Durelle for him to work his magic . . . but, then I thought that I'd like to keep them in MX form to help my 're-sale' potential (I could sell the cycle as either MX or DTX). So, my thought being, get a second shock and fork set and have them DTX'ed (or, in this case, a set that's already been DTX'ed).

Thanx for chimming in,

HB