2000 CR125 hesitation

My 00 CR125 bogs down in any gear at low rpm. Release the clutch and it starts to pull, but if you don't crank the throttle she starts to bog down. Hold the throttle open and then she rockets in a few seconds. Really dangerous in the woods with trees all around you!

Changed the gas out. Running Torco GP7 at 32:1 premix. Took the carb out yesterday and cleaned the jets (all stock) and everything else I could. Actually everything looked spotless and air blew through everything. Air filter was cleaned also.

Sparkplug was somewhat black, but not oily nor any excess carbon. Changed to iriduim plug and no change.

The idle is good. Snap the throttle in neutral and it bounces back to idle.

Only starts with choke on when cold. Otherwise starts without choke when warm. Usually 1 kick and a little throttle to start.

The fuel/air screw is turned 1 and 3/4 out. Which way and how much should I turn the screw to see a potential change? 1/4 turn? 1/2 turn? Hopefully it is just this.

Any help would be appreciated!

Steve

125's aren't really meant to run in the low rpm ranges. They are at their best when they are on the pipe. Maybe get a fly wheel weight and mess with the gearing to make all of this a little more manageable. Maybe adjust your jetting a bit for your conditions too.. could be a little rich causing the bog.

to rich with the jetting. If your riding woods, go leaner apparently. Go down with the main one step at a time. what jets are installed? You also dont need to run 32:1 In the woods, enless its jetted for it. And your always on the throttle. Thje 00' bike had mostly top end to