Sign in to follow this  

08 kx 450 swallowed water

My buddy's son got stuck in a water/mud puddle and right awayI noticed the sight glass was milky pink and milky pink oil was comming out of the breather tube on the left side of the engine. I ended up draining the oil and replacing the oil filter and oil, ran it for a while, the bike runs perfect execpt it is still spitting milky oil out of the rubber tube and the sight glass is milky.

Should I keep changing the oil and filter or do you think anything else is wrong, another thing I noticed is the antifreeze is low which could of been like that before , his dad is clueless when it comes to maintenace , any help would be great.

Thanks,

LUNG

May take some time to get all the water(milky white stuff) out of the motor.

Take the tube off and clean it , change the oil and keep a eye on the anitfreeze.

I was wondering if maybe it could be the water pump seal going bad and leaking into the engine ,we were all going through the same water/mud puddle and he never laid it down in the water ,he got pretty stuck and we had to dig him out. maybe it was a coincidence , I've never had a issue with sucking water or anything like that with my husky, ktm in the last ten years of woods riding , of course my bikes a two stroke and a little more basic than the newer 450s.

Thanks for the input,

LUNG

Try a couple oil changes , use a cheaper oil , just run a couple minutes and drain , if it doesnt get better then have a look at the water pump seal .

When we drown our bikes, we drain all the oil refill it with desiel run it for a few minutes (do not rev it up just idle)then rinse and repeat, after that replace with oil you will use for one ride, go ride come back drain and check it at the same time.

if there is no milk, fill up with the good stuff and no harm done.

Otherwise rinse and repeat.

Thanks for the info, I going to change the oil again and see what happens, and then I will look at the waterpump seal.

Thanks again,

LUNG

Ended up changing the oil and filter four times and it seems to have worked, it must of swallowed a good bit of water.

Thanks for everyone's help,

LUNG