Sign in to follow this  

New top end...now a bit milky looking in oil check window?!?!

I got the bike out today to mess with the carburator since my rebuild this past winter. The bike started up great and I was messing around with the air/fuel mixture screw...everything is great. The bike ran for about 10 minutes off and on while on a stand. I went back to start loading my gear up into my truck from my storage shed and I realized my oil check window was a bit milky/white looking!!!! (I have K4 RMZ 250). So, I'm thinking I have a blown head gasket somehow after a few minutes of the engine running. I drained the oil and it looks fine, especially since it only has 10 minutes of run time. I have blown a head gasket before on an old dirt bike and the drained oil was still milky. This oil is not milky? Could this be condensation from the bike running on and off over a period of time? Maybe not getting to operating temp?

could be headgasket...retorque and check again...or

water pump seal could be seeping

Easy to change seal on the bikes I've worked on...(I've not worked on yours though)...then again oil is cheap, change it before and after ya ride. Clutch will maybe wear faster.

water pump seal could be seeping

Easy to change seal on the bikes I've worked on...(not yours though)...then again oil is cheap, change it before and after ya ride. Clutch will maybe wear faster.

Yeah, I'm going to check this tomorrow morning. I'm just baffled why the oil I drained has absolutely no sign of water in it?

Yeah, I'm going to check this tomorrow morning. I'm just baffled why the oil I drained has absolutely no sign of water in it?

you may have dribbled some in when you had your head apart...doesn't take much.

This was eating away at me so I went to my storage shed and the milkiness is gone. lol

I'm guessing it was condensation? It went from being a hot engine to an extremely cold storage shed.