04 KTM EXC Rear Fender Bounces Like Crazy

Ok guys... go easy on me. What's the best solution for getting my 2004 KTM 525 EXC rear fender to stop bouncing? I had added the Baja Designs dual sport kit but the rear fender bounced annoyingly prior to adding the rear turn signals. Would aftermarket plastic be any better? Are there are types of supports available to stiffen up the fender? It doesn't really bother me when I'm riding, but when my brother is ALWAYS behind me on his DRZ400 it drives him crazy. Thanks for the help.

first off, you should be smokin your brother on that drz. He should be no where close enough to see your rear fender. ­čĹŹ I think it is normal. I shoot a lot of video, and when I watch it, I am amazed how much my front and rear fender move around. "flex" Of course look for some loose screws or something, but if everything is tight, go gedder.

Haha. You're right about smokin my brother but he is my older brother so I gotta give him a little credit. I've tried and tried to get him to buy a KTM but he never takes my advice. Everything is tight on my bike but the very end with the license plate on it bounces way more than normal.

well, bodywork is cheapish. If you have the money it won't hurt.

Maybe something is broke where you can't see. Buy a six pack and take it all apart and inspect.

I've torn up my plate on my 530 exc. I'm guessing the back tire hit it. I just bought a new spring, so that should stop happening. I have the sicass set up now and no probs.

the baja designs and sicass tail light assemblys say in the install instructions to add a screw or 2 where the underfender light mount ends up near the seat if the fender flops too much.

im terrible at explaining stuff with words and not pictures hahaha, but if you take your hand and put it under the licence plate and slide it up under the light under fender towards the front of the bike, where the black under fender ends, stop your fingers about and inch short of the front edge you drill 2 small holes thru the under fender and the top fender. put 2 small short bolts and nuts and sandwhich the 2 panels together. this stiffens them both.