Sign in to follow this  

from Honda to kawi new bike

picked up an 08 Kawasaki 26 hours 3200.. with extra plastics and a stand.. cant wait to ride it.. never had a kawai before.. but i am so sick of valve problems.. and this bike feels great...

kawai001.jpg

kawai002.jpg

sweet bike dude! Congrats!!! You'll love it, and you shouldnt have to adjust the valves for another 50 hours

Be careful with the air filter:thumbsup:

Wow man sweet graphics I love them! I always wanted a white bike! Very good choice!

thanks guys, i know some of my friends are on here , we are all going riding tomorrow i am sure we will get some pictures up .

quick question, upon deceleration of my bike with the throttle completely closed it pops quite a bit.. i know they are suppose to pop every now and then but when the throttle is completely closed it pops non stop (perhaps running lean). the only way i can make it not do it for the most part is to have the throttle a quarter of the way revved upon deceleration. Any thoughts? it does it when it is warmed um as well! Thanks,

quick question, upon deceleration of my bike with the throttle completely closed it pops quite a bit.. i know they are suppose to pop every now and then but when the throttle is completely closed it pops non stop (perhaps running lean). the only way i can make it not do it for the most part is to have the throttle a quarter of the way revved upon deceleration. Any thoughts? it does it when it is warmed um as well! Thanks,

There are lots of posts on this subject.

Make sure you have a #42 pilot jet.

Set the fuel screw at 2-2,5 turns out from fully seated.

Check for air leaks, at intake boot, copper washer at header and check that the hotstart closes completely.

Nice looking bike man 👍 You shouldn't be dissapointed. I used to ride red too, and I took a chance on my Kawi when a buddy had to sell it ($3000 Cdn. @ 2 years old), the deal was too good to pass up. I swear I've never felt more at home on the seat of a bike, it's way more natural feeling and the balance is amazing... I don't think I'll ever go anything but green again.

how the hell did you get it for so cheap?

(is it a 250f or 450f?)

by the way, looks real nice!!

chris!!! way to get away from the darkside! Adem.. you should see all the deals on the slightly used 250f's up here, I am considering getting something a little newer than my 06 with the 08/09's being so cheap right now

chris!!! way to get away from the darkside! Adem.. you should see all the deals on the slightly used 250f's up here, I am considering getting something a little newer than my 06 with the 08/09's being so cheap right now

thats good

how the hell did you get it for so cheap?

(is it a 250f or 450f?)

by the way, looks real nice!!

got lucky haha

so i will check that stuff this week, in processes got the bike stripped down a bit.. just need to take the boot off the carb.

one more question.. just cause everything looks like sealed up nice.. is there anything else i could check? could it be out of spec valves?

@ the hotstart situation.. i can pull the hotstart and let it out and feel it return to closed position (its pretty snappy) so i would almost rule that out..

would a clogged pilot jet cause something like this?

There are lots of posts on this subject.

Make sure you have a #42 pilot jet.

Set the fuel screw at 2-2,5 turns out from fully seated.

Check for air leaks, at intake boot, copper washer at header and check that the hotstart closes completely.

1.fuel screw

2. pilot jet (you say 42? you suggest that cause you know my alititude?)

3. needle?

should i troubleshoot in that order?

also i did upgrade my airfilter from stock to the twin air

1.fuel screw

2. pilot jet (you say 42? you suggest that cause you know my alititude?)

3. needle?

should i troubleshoot in that order?

also i did upgrade my airfilter from stock to the twin air

Isn´t Minnesota by the coastline?

Lots of Swedish ancestors there...

How high above (or below) the sea are you riding?

The fuel screw finetunes that circuit for conditions of the day, it´s not really a set it and forget it deal.

The #42 is universal on this bike, some run a #45 if it´s really cold, but no one runs the stock #40 jet.

The needle has nothing to do with how it runs at closed throttle.

Hey Fobia, I run a #42 pilot in mine, and I live in Minnie too. That's a nice looking bike, I especially like the white plastics. It's right around 830 ft above sea level here in Minneapolis, and since Minnesota is so flat, I highly doubt it fluctuates throughout the state.

a clogged pilot jet wouldn't cause it to pop would it? or for any mater would any clogged jet cause something to pop?? i started it up today to run out some of the gas so i could pull off the fuel line.

and upon doing it.. the thing would just pop like hell and would not stay alive unless i opened up the throttle.. but it would stay alive with the choke on.. (choked for about 10 seconds..)