Sign in to follow this  

Motorcycle roadtest tues

Relax, smooth clutch and throttle control, pay attention to the testers instructions. At this point you have all the practice you are going to get so the most important thing right now is to get a good nights rest. Be sure the chase vehicle you bring is clean inside and out and the papers and inspection are up to date. First impressions are important and bad paper on either vehicle will end the test before it gets started.

The test is not hard. Had I known ahead of time how easy it was I would not have been riding on a permit for so long.

I just took it last week. Do the rear brake thing smoothly but your goingto have to put down both your feet when at a complete stop. Use blinkers. If you fail you really shouldn't be on a bike. It's just was that easy. I took it at Freeport.

I just took it last week. Do the rear brake thing smoothly but your goingto have to put down both your feet when at a complete stop. Use blinkers. If you fail you really shouldn't be on a bike. It's just was that easy. I took it at Freeport.

Thats where im taking mine

Don't worry about I dont know it is in New York But Michigan it's a piece of cake just remember no wheelies

Thanks...i hear keeping your right foot on the rear brake when stopped is big also.

BOTH FEET DOWN WHEN STOPPED!!!!! I almost failed my Test because of this. If I had not done everything else perfect I would have been screwed....

Stop by the DMV after hours, the turning circle is tighter than you think. Knowing the approach and turn in helps, it's an artifical test. When I was overseas, the Base MC club designed a ran the test. Besides 15mph panic stop in pee gravel you rode the length of the 12' 1x4.

I took a MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) course and we had to do a figure 8 in a box. If you went outside the box you lost a lot of points like 10 or something. If you corrected and went outside again or put your foot down you would loose another 10. I heard of folks just riding thru the box and not even trying, so they would only loose the 10 points once. Its all about points management. We had to pass with 80 points or better. Blow the box twice and your out.

Good luck. I still practice this and can almost do lock to lock figure 8s in my driveway now. Feather the clutch.👍

I also took the course. only because I got a break on my insurance:ride:

They actually do teach you some pretty usefull stuff.

Ride it like you stole it the examiner will be well impressed 👍

Stop by the DMV after hours, the turning circle is tighter than you think. Knowing the approach and turn in helps, it's an artifical test. When I was overseas, the Base MC club designed a ran the test. Besides 15mph panic stop in pee gravel you rode the length of the 12' 1x4.

Unless something has changed in the past couple of decades, and what hasn't, if you get caught practicing in the road test site they can take your permit and fine you. Worst part is that you have to start from scratch.

Ride it like you stole it the examiner will be well impressed 👍

I got dizzy and almost tossed my cookies just watching that.

vomit-smiley-003.gif

The box is actually fairly simple. Keep the revs up a bit, and use the back brake for speed control. I've taken the advanced MSF course 4 or 5 times now, learn something new every time too. Last time I swapped out with a guy riding a Gold Wing and ran the circuit on it a few times. Still the same principals, just more mass. The single hardest bike to run through the course was my 400RR, so with a SM or DS bike you should be set.

When I took my road test I had been practicing my figure eights in the width of a driveway. When I got to the test site and the guy said "do your figure eights there" I so wanted to ask him what the hell I was supposed to do with all the extra space.

Keep both feet on ground, and make sure you have your brake on the entire time at a stop sign.