diagnose this craigslist ad please

wow that's even bolder. that looks like a 99-01?

last week I posted on local CL about how you can tell year by vin and to not get ripped off as a LARGE percentage of dirtbikes I see there are advertised falsely. My post wwas flagged within the hour. Hmmm, wonder who would flag it....

wow that's even bolder. that looks like a 99-01?

last week I posted on local CL about how you can tell year by vin and to not get ripped off as a LARGE percentage of dirtbikes I see there are advertised falsely. My post wwas flagged within the hour. Hmmm, wonder who would flag it....

that style was used from 96-01... just thought i would throw that in there ... not tryin to be mean.

Oh and it has a new bottem end and top end but i dont have the reciepts! I see in 98% of craigslist ads. Foe example: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/mcy/1658537862.html

I looked at bike last month, dude says he paid $1400 in engine work( how the F can you spend that on a 2 stroke engine anyway?!) and $700 for suspension work. No receipts. I asked him how anyone could spend that much and not keep paperwork and he looked at his feet and said maybe his wife threw it out cleaning. Oh almost forgot, he said it was 04 but vin said 03. I drove 100 miles for that.

craigslist is nothing if not entertaining.

I like the idiots that are too lazy to get other bikes, BBQ's, lawnmowers, rakes and shovels out of the picture. Or better yet take a picture of the bike over an oil spot on the garage floor. 👍 My favorite is the guy who has the ultimate bike "serious inquiries only" no picture or price.🤣

Yeah, shamfully im a victim of on of these Craigslist ads! Got a supposed 04 yz250 for $1,400. Turned out to be an 01'. Actually thought talking this guy down from $2,100 was a good deal!!!! 3 years is a big difference.

I got an old KTM from ol' craigy, and found out it was a different model/year.

If finding older KTM parts wasn't hard enough, I just tried to get a topend kit together with gaskets for the wrong year/model of bike. Luckily I straightened it out before hitting the DMV. I could only imagine the looks they would have given me. -BIG DAN:thumbsup: