Pro-Circuit mufflers

hey guys! i was looking at mxa's report thingo on the 2009 KTM250SX (which is here: http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=C22E8416CB97481B8CD78F39870F7C42)

and they say that by using the pro-circuit muffler the power is the same all the way through untill you get to the top where it pulls harder and longer.?

Has anyone used one?

The selection of 2stroke mufflers is: the 304 or the R-304 (shorty)

Would the 304 make less power than the shorty? like which one should i use.

Lastly, on Pro-Circuit's website they make them to fit different years, but the selection stops at 2007, so does that mean that their website guy's lazy:busted:, and it'll bolt right up on a 2009, or what?

thanks, Mike. ?

Edited by mikekx102
wrong link

i put one on mine and it really woke it up!!

what bike do you ride- the 2010 250sx you've got a picture of?

sorry which muffler- the procircuit shorty but not a full system..?

so it was good?

Anyone else using one?

thanks, Mike.

Well, I'd never ridden mine as a stocker, as I bought it with a PC Platinum Pipe and stock exhaust... Had the first ride with the 304 on it yesterday... AWESOME! 100 Bucks well spent I think... Quicker revving, better response... And a really nice note... Coming from more MX bikes than Enduro I was really happy with the added rev and hit...

According to MXA the stock tuned pipe is fine, just the muffler needs to be changed. About your concern mikekx102, if the 304 fits the SX up to 2007 I'm pretty confident it'll bolt on our '09... The bike didn't change substantially since then.

I'm definitely adding this to my wishlist.

Yeah, it is long compared to the ProCircuit, but not quite a metre I think. It just looks long with the fender off, compare where it ends with the subframe. It is about the same length as the FMF. Still much shorter and lighter than the original hockey stick and quieter in my son's and my opinion but the packing may have been bad in the old stock muffler. The EE3 ends about flush with the plastics so it is still out of the way of everything. The ProCircuit ends about 6" under the plastic, which actually helps to muffle the blast out of its tailpipe even more on the 125.

The EE3 sounds really good on the 300, deep and mellow, whereas the ProCircuit was sharp and loud. On the 125 the ProCircuit does a great job of taking the sharp edge off its chainsaw like blast and quieting it as much as any other pipe. The small size is handy, keeps it out of the way of damage, and it is light.