Motard or Bobber

OK....here's the delemia. I own a DR-Z400S 3x3mod, 80/20 tires. I also own a 2006 Honda Aero that I "bobbed". it's a beauty. A guy on Craigs List wants to trade me even for his 2008 DR-Z400SM, it's also a beauty, dual exhaust and many upgrades. (A little to white....as I like black black I can fix that with new plastics. What should I do

Newgraphics1.jpg

After2.jpg

Corey08DRZ400SM002.jpg👍

I say go for it but then I am kind of partial to white sm with duals:smirk:

but putting that to the side ask about the maintenance that has been done to the bike , like oil changes when and what kind of oil . valve chekes stuff like that.

I have the duals on my sm and they do make oil changes a bit more work becouse you have clean the oil of the pipes but not that big a deal

get or keep whichever has the better market value in your area. and sell it if you want a different bike. i really cant see owning 2 of the same bikes. and those pipes would be a negative for me, i dnt have the best condition of self control and that would suck to lay down on those.

chrisf608, you had the same thought that came to me. Put the MRD exhaust and the SM rims and tires with hubs, discs and sprocket, keep my rims and tires completly intact for off road. Bam....I have Sumo and an enduro...and I get to keep my bobber....which was a labor of love, not to mention a great day cruiser turner.

Thanks to all:thumbsup:

OC

I would keep the "bobber," then buy "blockpass270's" sm wheels w/ rotors & rm upside down forks w/ upper triple clamp. I think he wants $1200-$1300 for the whole setup, shipped. He'll be selling his slightly used SSW/MRD in a couple of weeks for $400. Maybe you can strike-up a deal with him for the whole shebang.

You said you like black. You already have a black DR-Z. SM & S are the same bike except for the front end & wheels.

I would definitely keep the "bobber" for longer distance cruising. 👍