Just bought a YZ250F, have $500 to put into it

I just bought a leftover new 08 YZ250F today after selling my crf450r. I have $500 bucks to devote to this bike. Gonna ride mostly trails. I am thinking:

bark busters - 129

Engine guards - ?

spark arrestor - 120?

Radiator braces - 90

Anything else?

I just bought a leftover new 08 YZ250F today after selling my crf450r. I have $500 bucks to devote to this bike. Gonna ride mostly trails. I am thinking:

bark busters - 129

Engine guards - ?

spark arrestor - 120?

Radiator braces - 90

Anything else?

Heavier springs if necessary. Possibly the GYTR weighted flywheel to prevent stalls. Definately get a skid plate that protects the oil reservoir. I just got a '07 for woods work. It has 13/51 gearing and I like it for nasty tight trails just fine. 👍

Ok, here is what I got, so far:

- Cycra bark busters, but they don't seem to fit on my stock pro tapers. Will have to take them back. ($125)

- Full skid plate with side guards, didn't catch the brand, on order ($125)

- Spark arrestor ($135)

- 3 oil filters and oil ($50)

- New riding boots (Not really for the bike) ($200)

Went over a bit of my $500 limit.

Love the bike, rode it today for the first time. Its a winner!!

Question about the Rekluse: My only hold up is that I cannot bump start the bike, is that correct? If so, is this a problem for folks?

The Rekluse will not let you bump start the bike. If the jetting is good and the idle set just a tad higher than stock, you wont stall the bike. The benifit will far outweigh any negitives you can find with the auto clutch.

if you don't stall there's no need to re-start the bike so bump starts shouldn't be your worry.

The Rekluse will not let you bump start the bike. If the jetting is good and the idle set just a tad higher than stock, you wont stall the bike. The benifit will far outweigh any negitives you can find with the auto clutch.

shouldn't you be able to lift up on the gear shifter, start costing, then drop the gear shifter? this will put the bike in between gears and let you cost, then once you have enough speed you can let go of the shifter, the bike will catch gear and fire up.👍

No, I dont think that will work, here's why. Nearest i can figure the rekluse operates based on ENGINE speed. Unless the engine is turning at xxxx rpm, the bike will act as if its in nuetral, regardless of where the shift drum is sitting... eliminating the ability to compression start because obviously if the bike isn't running, then is not turning at said xxxx rpm.

However, I think rekluse sells what is essentially an override switch. I don't know how it works or if I even have my facts right. Also, i think the z-start PRO has the ability to use the clutch as well as the regular features of the z-start.