Sign in to follow this  

2001 CR125 Swingarm,

I have a CR125 and I was riding with a Stiff chain that ended up "Chewing" through my brand new chain slide and then into the swingarm itself!

It tore a nice hole right where the seals and bushings are... 👍

Dealership swingarm 800.00$ aprox..

A used swingarm from an 01 CR250 50.00$

The only reason I ask is because I have to order the used one and cant

"try b4 ya buy"

Everything else seems almost identical, plastics, bearings etc,

Does any one know for sure?

cant you just weld a patch on the hole? i know thats what id do .. is it an aluminum swingarm or is it steel?

the 250's swingarm is going to be bigger im pretty sure.

if someone has the manual they could tell you the exact size of both because the 125/250 manuals are both the same book..

but if nobody else chimes in i can measure mine for u later bc i have a 01 cr250

Slipp3ry, I apreciate youre input, however I dont have a manual and all my friends ride suzy's or kawi's... Im pretty sure it fits, My friend got a shock off his old rm 125 and put it in his new rm250 and it fits.. and it is aluminum, there are some welders in the area that could do the job I guess,

I just prefer to replace it, but will most likely get it welded, would be nice to have the welded one as a spare.

I will post pics of the damage soon,

If you wish to give her a quick look its on bike pics heres the adress:

http://www.bikepics.com/members/northernontarioryder/

Second question, does any one know why the 2003 CR85R that I bought my gf is faster than my 125? Its more agressive, accelerates quicker.. Its pretty much all stock except some boyesen reeds. My 125 is all stock with no reeds... Compression Is at 120 though... I think I need rings!

00-01 cr125/250 swingarms are the same. I have tried this myself and the part numbers are different. Problem is, most of them have the same problem you have. I bought one on ebay and the dude said it was perfect. Got it home and it was chewed up too. Not as bad as mine, so I just patched it up with some Devcon. Look it up. A lot stronger than jb weld for aluminum.