Transmission problem

I have an 06 525 EXC. I crashed on the left side and bent the shifting lever into the case. I was able to straighten the lever back out but now the bike will only shift from second gear into third and back. A buddy told me he though it was a "detint" lever or something similar. Does this sound right and is it expensive to fix? I am taking it into the shop in the morning. I hope it is not going to cost me an arm and a leg.

If your lucky, it's just a tweaked/bent mechanism on right side behind clutch basket.

Usually the case, in a tweaked shift lever from a get-off. Only seriously bent drum ends(round end behind clutch basket that turns drum-to shift forks) necessitate case splitting. Altho back in the day, bent shift forks weren't unheard of. But I'm thinking that's probably pretty much a thing of the past.

there is also a part under the right case that is a known failure and KTM has a replacement part now. It is a ball bearing roller on the end of the shift mechanism, its replaced with a solid roller with no bearings. Maybe the failed now. Can ruin motor if the tiny bearings get in the gears.