Sign in to follow this  

New 530!

Hello all,

Just picked up a new (to me) 2008 530 Exc-r today. 1100 miles on the clock. Has been de-smogged/JD'ed and has had an exhaust-ectomy. Seems to run fine. Can't wait to find some dirt!

Thanks to all on this site. You all were instrumental in my decision process... 👍

Ride Safe!

Lance

IMG_2392.jpg

change those rear turnsignals before the bike melts it for you 👍

congrats..great bike i love mine

i just got an '07 525 and it has also been desmogged, jd'd, and the exhaust worked on. awesome bikes! good luck with yours, it is a nice one!

the black is good lookin' but i'd get some lower fork guards before you find that dirt

Smart people do strange things ! what were they thinking ? when it comes to the blinkers! must of been middle of winter over there when they tested that set up.

change those rear turnsignals before the bike melts it for you 👍

congrats..great bike i love mine

suggestions on the turd signals? I want to keep rear signals on mine, not just take them off after I melt the right one.

aj

suggestions on the turd signals? I want to keep rear signals on mine, not just take them off after I melt the right one.

aj

Either replace them with tiny flushmount signals or weld a turndown on the end of the pipe (I think maybe the PMB end cap already has the exhaust redirected, but I don't know for sure). With a turndown, the signals will last about 10 minutes longer, until you kick them off.

i got the sicass rear light assembly because it is led and much brighter than stock, and you cant break a filament and be stuck riding home without a tail/brake light.

i use the sicass turnsignals as well, but any good led's will work fine.

i like the sicass set up, it was a straight plug and play bolt on kit even uses all the stock wire connectors. it was great.

the TS mount right to the side of the tail light assembly, so they are tucked in nice and tight so the exhaust cant melt it again.

they may not be completely legal because the are not wide enough by some state laws, but i use my hand signals as well and the cops cant really hassle you if you use your hands, kind of a loop hole.

the euro light setup is nice as well. but i got my sicass with everything except the TS for 80 bucks with the license plate mount and the TS were 20 something. the whole thing with tax and all was 110 bucks or so

i got the sicass rear light assembly because it is led and much brighter than stock, and you cant break a filament and be stuck riding home without a tail/brake light.

i use the sicass turnsignals as well, but any good led's will work fine.

i like the sicass set up, it was a straight plug and play bolt on kit even uses all the stock wire connectors. it was great.

the TS mount right to the side of the tail light assembly, so they are tucked in nice and tight so the exhaust cant melt it again.

they may not be completely legal because the are not wide enough by some state laws, but i use my hand signals as well and the cops cant really hassle you if you use your hands, kind of a loop hole.

the euro light setup is nice as well. but i got my sicass with everything except the TS for 80 bucks with the license plate mount and the TS were 20 something. the whole thing with tax and all was 110 bucks or so

you gotta pic kmac? The sicass signals I found were $38 + $5 for KTM plug,

http://www.sicassracing.com/cgi-bin/shoppingcart/agora.cgi?cart_id=4797093.5578&p_id=22-100&product=Turn%20Signals&xm=on&ppinc=search2

and the brake light:

http://www.sicassracing.com/cgi-bin/shoppingcart/agora.cgi?cart_id=4797093.5578&p_id=21-188&product=Tail%20Lights&xm=on&ppinc=search2

i dont have any pics right now but those are the TS and light assembly.

i might need to check my receipt, i bought a bunch of stuff that day at my dealer, maybe im mistaken on the price, but my dealer gives me a discount and they are pretty reasonable normally. i bought a bolt kit, a headlight bulb, the light kits, and it was under 200 bucks.

Right on---I'll get with my dealer this week and see. What is this euro style fender I keep hearing about?

The KTM Euro fender is, IMO, far superior in both looks and strength to the Sicass Racing part (and I've had both).

KTM Euro fender and tail light kit

x2 on the Euro underfender w/ LED tail light. The plastic feels much stronger and less likely to crack to me on the under fender. I also prefer the clean design and the red color of the lens on the light.

I was able to find the parts individualy for about $60.00 total from motosport.com a month ago, but I just checked now and they raised the price of the light by about $35.00. 👍

So the above link may be the way to go. However, here are the individual KTM part numbers for your reference if you choose to check other merchants.

EJOT PT SCREW K60X20 WS=6 Part #-0017060203 (need 2)

NUMBER PL. CARRIER (underfender) Part #-78008016000

REAR LIGHT EXC-EU 2008 Part #-78014040000

I got the Sicass LED blinkers with the KTM connectors. They mounted nicely on the Euro fender. Sorry no Pics. I also noted that my headlight appears brighter on my stock stator with a complete LED package in the back.

x2 on the Euro underfender w/ LED tail light. The plastic feels much stronger and less likely to crack to me on the under fender. I also prefer the clean design and the red color of the lens on the light.

I was able to find the parts individualy for about $60.00 total from motosport.com a month ago, but I just checked now and they raised the price of the light by about $35.00.🤣

So the above link may be the way to go. However, here are the individual KTM part numbers for your reference if you choose to check other merchants.

EJOT PT SCREW K60X20 WS=6 Part #-0017060203 (need 2)

NUMBER PL. CARRIER (underfender) Part #-78008016000

REAR LIGHT EXC-EU 2008 Part #-78014040000

I got the Sicass LED blinkers with the KTM connectors. They mounted nicely on the Euro fender. Sorry no Pics. I also noted that my headlight appears brighter on my stock stator with a complete LED package in the back.

Thanks guys!!! I really appreciate it! 👍

aj