blue-based checkerboard graphics

I just picked up an 06 yz125 to replace my 97 yesterday. I love the yellow yz's and even the black one with all the jester grahpics looked killer, but I can't see myself paying for a new tank, so I will have to work with my blue one. If you have pix of blue and white checherboard graphics I would love to see it.

thanks!

j

I tried that with my xr650r tank and it didn't do much. It seems that the yz blue may take the dye a bit better? it would be nice to have a black tank, it would open up a lot of plastic/graphics options.

yes... it was supposed to be done with the blue yz tank! People tried it with yellow zuki tanks and ended up with purple:bonk: Im sure there are ways you could die diff color tanks black but the yz blue tanks come out looking amazing I think im gonna do another one of my yzs as soon as this weather breaks

I don't think I got the water hot enough when I did my xr tank, plus it was bright red in the first place. What container did you use and how hot did you get it? My buddy has a turkey fryer but I sure as hell wouldn't let me use it to dye a tank if I was him!