Sign in to follow this  

ktm 250 exc 2010 fuel cosnsamption...

hi guys

i just got my self a new ktm 250 exc.

setup in carb is by the book,

im going to reserve in the fuel tank after 56 Km (35 mile)!!!!

how can it be god damn....

it doesnt make sence to me.

most of the riding isnt done full thortle, endro kind of riding.

any idea? any one else with same thing?

if spelling is not good dont laught, im not american.

Maybe the float level is too high or the float fill needle is sticking intermittently and you are overflowing out the vent tube. I think this is pretty common on new bikes to have the float set too high.

Put a temporary catch can (like a film canister, tin can, or jar with a hole in the lid) on the end of the vent tubes, ride a bit and see if you catch any fuel leaking out. You can just tape, safety wire, or wire tie it on. You could probably also just try leaning the bike and see if any comes out on the ground as well, but if not you would still want to try the catch can to see what is happening over terrain, etc.

Maybe the fuel is going through the engine. How does the plug look. How much smooge, how does it run, etc.

Gary

Edited by Gary jp4

KTM's always seem to set the floats high, my 2010 wasn't a dribbler thou. New motors seem to use more fuel until they a few hours on clocked.

After about 4 hours my 250sx is smoothing out some.

2 stroke carb race bike is never going to win any fuel economy contests, but you should be able to get to 30 something miles per gallon.