2001 XR400 price

Is $2000 to much to pay for a 2001? The bike looks clean. I just don't want to pay to much. The guy had it listed for $2500. I am in Indiana.

Thanks, Marc

You should be able to get that bike a little cheaper. If it's the one I think it is, close to me, it's clean, but it's not worth 2k in this economy. 3 years ago I bought a virtually brand new 2003 for 2K. The one you are wanting is nice though, and for a clean bike you know you've got a solid foundation to build on. That's assuming it's the bone stocker sitting west of you. ?

I just bought a 2001 XR400 for $2100. However, I know the original owner and therefore know the maintenance history, which is huge for me.

Also, the bike is street legal and titled as such here in Michigan.

I passed on a newer DRZ400 for cheaper because I didn't trust the dealer that was selling it.

Just my $0.02.

Sounds good. i payed 1800 for a 97 w/ some new plastics, baja design kit (not installed) and some other items. see what similar bikes in the area are going for and make your decision on what you find. dont just jump at the first thing you see that looks good.

On the flip side, they haven't made them in a couple of years and supply does nothing but drop now. If it really is a clean bike in your area, for a reasonable price, I would jump on it.

Finding something for a couple of hundred cheaper that you have to drive 4 hours for is a false economy.

Marc, where in Indiana are you?

I'm in Ft.Wayne and in the year I've had the 400, I've had it out 1 time, to Haspin Acres for a day.

I've been working on my 350 and it's dual sported and has USD forks and all that now, so I'm going to ride it on the few dual sport rides I hope to go on. I'm dual sporting a 200 and thinking about putting the 350 suspension on it and using it for offroad. Love the lower seat height. I'm also looking for a 150R to put my Xr100 motor into.

So ALL these projects and the 400 sits there. Looking pretty and getting no use. ;(

I really SHOULD sell the 400 as I'm just not going to use it. But it's SO clean and SO nice that I haven't wanted to..........

IF you are in the area and want a clean one to compare to, you can check out mine, and if you want to, make me an offer on it.

PM me if interested. Has a super sweet sounding (but loud) CHM exhaust and big bars. Uncorked. STock otherwise. Low hours.

Marc, where in Indiana are you?

I'm in Ft.Wayne and in the year I've had the 400, I've had it out 1 time, to Haspin Acres for a day.

I've been working on my 350 and it's dual sported and has USD forks and all that now, so I'm going to ride it on the few dual sport rides I hope to go on. I'm dual sporting a 200 and thinking about putting the 350 suspension on it and using it for offroad. Love the lower seat height. I'm also looking for a 150R to put my Xr100 motor into.

So ALL these projects and the 400 sits there. Looking pretty and getting no use. ;(

I really SHOULD sell the 400 as I'm just not going to use it. But it's SO clean and SO nice that I haven't wanted to..........

IF you are in the area and want a clean one to compare to, you can check out mine, and if you want to, make me an offer on it.

PM me if interested. Has a super sweet sounding (but loud) CHM exhaust and big bars. Uncorked. STock otherwise. Low hours.

MindBlower, you need to ship that thing out to me! LOL!

A couple of years ago, I paid $1900 for my '02 400. I would have paid more. It was VERY clean, new Michelin S12's, new chain and sprockets, lots of extras. It was maintained very well.

Cranks on first kick, cold or hot!

Plus, the swingarm bolt was freely moving. The only thing I wasn't fond of was the seat cover and tank decal, but that is an easy fix.

I'm willing to pay a little more for something that has been meticulously maintained, and hasn't been ragged out.

MindBlower, you need to ship that thing out to me! LOL!

I really don't want to sell it. In the back of my mind it's my replacement for the "old" 350 when it dies. In reality the 350's been rebuilt from the ground up and is better than new.

It will likely outlive me. ?