Sign in to follow this  

KLX fork gaurds

I have over time broken both the fork gaurds on my KLX 300 and am having a hard time finding the oem part. I have read in other posts people putting kx fork guards on but nothing about installation process. The stock gaurds are a little brittle and tend to break easy but i would rather go with the stock fit than rig a stronger material.... Is it worth putting the kx gaurds on... if so how... or can anyone tell me where to find the stock part. I have allready tried Fourstrokeworks.biz (great site for klx riders by the way)

Thanks for any help...

dan888 over on the Kawasaki forums in the 250KLX forum has a complete writeup on that particular KX fork guard along with the part number and mounting instructions as it mounts a tiny bit different. It was a UFO product.

You can buy OEM parts from TT. go to the parts store link at the top of the page. On the left side click oem parts and its easy from there. Heres the link for a 07 300. should fit earlier models. Go Green

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=378250&manufacturer=4&category=3&year=2007&model=8745

True, but the OEM stuff is going to be in the $60 range while the UFO stuff is half that. I have the UFO guards. My OEM guards have cracked, and I've cobbled them for the moment to keep working, but I will install these shortly. The plastic in the UFO version is more pliable and appears to be more impact resistant. The OEM guards seem quite stiff and brittle even when new. I'd show a pic, but apparently I can't post one the way this forum is set up.

I had to put new ones on my 2001 last summer. I just went to the local Kawasaki dealer and order new ones. I think it was about $50 for two.