Sign in to follow this  

Rmz 450 Help

I have a 05 rmz 450 I rebuilt the motor over the winter and I am having a problem geting the bike started I kick and kick and and all I can get out of it is a Backfire. When I check the timing my dot for the exhaust cam is straight up but when I count The 15 links back my intake dot is not it is a little to the right by about 1 link, is the chain stretch & nocking the timing out? Also I belive I am at tdc on the compression stroke my Piston is up and my timing marks on the magneto are lined up .Please Help Want to Ride

101:

1 check fire at the plug: got spark?

2 got compression?

3. Got gas? maybe you float valve stuck? open carb bowl with gas on? flowing steady?

4 Valves in spec?

I have a 05 rmz 450 I rebuilt the motor over the winter and I am having a problem geting the bike started I kick and kick and and all I can get out of it is a Backfire. When I check the timing my dot for the exhaust cam is straight up but when I count The 15 links back my intake dot is not it is a little to the right by about 1 link, is the chain stretch & nocking the timing out? Also I belive I am at tdc on the compression stroke my Piston is up and my timing marks on the magneto are lined up .Please Help Want to Ride

let me ask do you have a service manual? What direction are the cam lobes facing.

my intake lobe is around 3 oclock & exhaust is around 9 oclock

That's definitely wrong if the cam lobe position is at 9&3 with 15 links in between.

The cam lobes should not be flat.

It should be 10&2 with 15 in between.

Are you adjusting the cam chain with the cam chain tentioner on or off?

Whitch top dead center line are you using there is two of them?