07 crf250x

Ok, so I see that there are still new crated ones to be had for a great price. 07 was lacking the smog crap right? Can you experts give me pros and cons on this year brand new? Thank you very much in advance, I'll buy the beer and/or ?

Gary

What's the price of the new 07?

07 out of CA.

3999.00 + 150 crating + 150 shipped to my door. I figure that is a great price, but if the bike is not worth the head ache working on it and maintaining it, then I'll just get another Husky. Do not want to spend that much for a dirt only bike but the Huskies are easy to maintain and run great. I have all the air cooled Hondas, was just thinking great price why not. Have on friend tell me it a love hate relationship.? I have had that in the Dodge I used to own. ?

So you got it? My buddy has a 250x and I at first wanted one to but it was way out of my dad's price range (so was the 150R) so I got a 150f. Now sometimes I envy him and sometimes I laugh. Cause when he's having to change radiator fluid and the valves are screwing up so often all I have to do is change the oil 4 times a year, clean the filters, and get the valves redone once a year. More riding for me! Plus when I'm done modding it a bit, it'll be one kick ass bike.

EDIT: But dude $3999 for a 250? Dang I'd have to think about that.

So you got it? My buddy has a 250x and I at first wanted one to but it was way out of my dad's price range (so was the 150R) so I got a 150f. Now sometimes I envy him and sometimes I laugh. Cause when he's having to change radiator fluid and the valves are screwing up so often all I have to do is change the oil 4 times a year, clean the filters, and get the valves redone once a year. More riding for me! Plus when I'm done modding it a bit, it'll be one kick ass bike.

EDIT: But dude $3999 for a 250? Dang I'd have to think about that.

What are you doing to a 150F that your valves need to be redone once a year? Do you mean adjustment or full valve job ?

07 out of CA.

3999.00 + 150 crating + 150 shipped to my door. I figure that is a great price, but if the bike is not worth the head ache working on it and maintaining it, then I'll just get another Husky. Do not want to spend that much for a dirt only bike but the Huskies are easy to maintain and run great. I have all the air cooled Hondas, was just thinking great price why not. Have on friend tell me it a love hate relationship. I have had that in the Dodge I used to own.

It was a love hate relationship for me as well. I do miss it at times. The chassis of these Hondas are great, and mine felt fresh even the day I sold it. But I took up smoking, and now only have one valve to worry about. The power valve.

What are you doing to a 150F that your valves need to be redone once a year? Do you mean adjustment or full valve job ?

Haha adjustment. They need adjustment once a year to bring back performance and to clean them after a year of extreme death riding ( I ride it like I stole it:lol:.)

I think you are giving the 250X a bad rap. Some early models did have a valve problem. I own an 04 250X and My valves went out at around 110 hours. I know others have had problems at earlier hours. 06 and newer Xs are supposed to have less valve problems. Most of the valve problems have been traced to lack of maintenance, improper air filter installation, or worn and tired valve springs. Stainless steel valves and new hardware seem to correct the valve reliability issue.

Other than the valves, I have not heard or experienced any abnormal wear when compared to other performance 4 strokes.

A 150F is not even in the same category as a CRF250X. It is an entry level bike, with XR style technology. If you are referring to a 150R then it is a more serious MX bike. I find it hard to believe that anyone who is in the market for a CRF250X would even look at a 150F.

I for one am not considering the two for comparison. Now take a little 150 F and make it a 223cc F, put a 100lb kid on it and you are talking. I am asking about the CRF250X as a liable dirt only rider. I have a TE450 for Dual Sport, A SM610 for Tarmac duty, and tooled around on a moded CRF230F for a while now my oldest sons. Being the 07 bike (X new) would be 4300 to my door, I was hopping to hear GOOD reviews with minor modifications. I am also looking at the YZ250 2smoke (2002 green sticker) or a 4s in the 250/300 size. Would like to go lighter, dirt only, and green sticker is a must. Thats why the pre 02 2smoke.

Well I give it a good review. It has good power...Not overwellming though. It is easy to find a bit more power by doing some simple mods.. Good mods to do to an X are opening up the Air box, better flowing exhaust, re-jet, cam from a 250R, disconnect pink wire from ignition connector for faster ignition curve and higher rev limiter. All the mods are free except for purchasing a new cam, buying jets and if you choose to replace the exhaust..You can remove or modify the defuser in the stock muffler for better performance. Another good mod is purchase a good set of radiator guards.

If you start with an 08 or newer 250X not much is to be gained by changing the cam as the X cam profile is not that differnt from the R.

I love my bike. It has done everything as I have asked of it. The things I have repaired to my bike are. I had the head rebuilt and I put a new piston in it at 110 hours. Other than that all I have done is oil change, clean air filter, change tires, and 1 set of rear brake pads.