2010 KTM 250 XCF-W & MegaBomb- Benefits?

I have a 2010 250 XCF-W and would like to get a bit more snap on the lower end of the power range. JD kit is already in place. I am wondering if the FMF pipe will offer appreciably more on the low end. I know it will hit in the middle.

This is the pipe: FACT-4.1 COMP SYSTEM W / MEGABOMB HEADER

I am looking for a little more kick when wrestling through the tight trees. If anybody out there has installed this pipe on their 250 four-stroke, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the change in performance.

Thanks

Hi VA Rider,

I have a 2007 EXC-F 250 with FMF 4.1 W / powerbomb.

I have just ordered a JD kit but haven't put it on.

The midrange and the revving got better after the fmf kit.

I hope it will the better with the JD kit.

I generally ride in single tracks, fire roads and hill climbings, the bikes performance is so good. Bike can go anywhere that the 450'ers can go!

I have a 2010 250 XCF-W and would like to get a bit more snap on the lower end of the power range. JD kit is already in place. I am wondering if the FMF pipe will offer appreciably more on the low end. I know it will hit in the middle.

This is the pipe: FACT-4.1 COMP SYSTEM W / MEGABOMB HEADER

I am looking for a little more kick when wrestling through the tight trees. If anybody out there has installed this pipe on their 250 four-stroke, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the change in performance.

Thanks

Hey... I dont have a ktm, but i added it to my kxf250 and gota say i think i lost bottom end with the megabomb. I think the power bomb is more for low to midrange and thats why you'll see all the supercross guys running the power bomb over the mega. I think the mega is more mid to upper like mx and cross country. I personally would go power bomb after i tried the mega bomb. The power bomb is cheaper, wont get dented in as easy and i dont think you'll loose power. Personally, I noticed the biggest difference just putting the fmf muffler on vs the header. It barks pretty good mid to upper, but how often do you ride on the top end trail ridding? That's my concern after trying it trail riding for the first time this weekend.. and since it rained i didnt run a sparky, so the bark is generally bigger when you dont do so. I'm going to try it a few more times but my guess is ill be going back to stock if I dont sell the whole bike... and putting the mega on ebay. I dont think headers add power all that much... they just distribute to a different place in the rpm curve. I think the muffler will be your biggest notice. I'd say try that first personally...