is it easy to convert a 200 to a 220?

it looks like my 125/200 hybrid is getting off to a start (finally) ๐Ÿ‘

well...the KDX I am picking up is a little rough looking....so I am figuring a rebuild before i stick it in the 125 frame...well, i was actually thinking the 220 may suit my riding style a little better...can I just change the jug and piston??

thanks in advance!

it looks like my 125/200 hybrid is getting off to a start (finally) ๐Ÿ‘

well...the KDX I am picking up is a little rough looking....so I am figuring a rebuild before i stick it in the 125 frame...well, i was actually thinking the 220 may suit my riding style a little better...can I just change the jug and piston??

thanks in advance!

yes its easy, just swap the cylinder, piston and the main power valve, or have the 200 one modified to fit the larger piston, jet to suit, everything else is the same.

Depends on what you want, but a lot of the 220 guys run 200 carbs, the 220 carb was actually smaller and many think the 220 runs better with the 200 carb.

You also might want to search around to see the differences between the 200 and 220, many think the 200 is a better starting point and I don't think it is worth the expense to put on the 220 parts, as the 220 really wasn't a better bike, it was just different.

If you want to get some more power, money is better spent on a big bore 240cc kit http://kustom-kraft.com/KAWASAKIKITS.html.

If you just want a better more rideable kdx200 motor, go to http://www.rb-designs.com/ and get the carb bored, the head modified and you will probably be happier than with the 220 top end.

Sounds like RB was what i needed to know! ๐Ÿ‘

I had a late model 200 and 220...and I loved both motors...even though they responded differently

I often told my ridding buddies...the 220 grunt with the 200 reving would be the best motor ever!

I will jerk her out this coming week...check the bottom end bearings, and if all is good there, I will send the Carb and head to RB!๐Ÿคฃ

Thanks again!

just thought of something important ๐Ÿ‘

The bike I am getting has a stock pipe and silincer...

I usually like to keep those, but with head and carb mods...should I get another pipe?

And if so, what ?

Thanks Again

just thought of something important ๐Ÿ‘

The bike I am getting has a stock pipe and silincer...

I usually like to keep those, but with head and carb mods...should I get another pipe?

And if so, what ?

Thanks Again

i think the kdx pipe is special, its not like other factory pipes that are acceptable and sometimes preferred, the kdx pipe sucks, you should upgrade regardless. its double wall, heavey, still bends easy, but it is quiet

sorry i forgot to mention the carb thing, i only stated what was absolutely necessary for the conversion.

Throw the stock pipe as far as you can. It won't be very far, the thing weighs as much as a small car. The FMF Woods pipe is a good torque pipe. It mimics the stock power curve but has more low-to-mid pull, while retaining the super-smooth pull of the stocker. The Rev pipe has about the same low-end as stock, but adds a nice hit in the middle and pulls stronger than stock from the middle through the top-end. The PC pipe pretty much splits the difference between the two FMF pipes.

The stock silencer is actually quite good other than being quite heavy. An aftermarket silencer will slightly improve throttle response, but it's main benefit will be reduced weight.

In addition to the exhaust, it's an absolute must that you open up the air box and rejet. The stock jetting isn't even close to correct.

+1 on the FMF woods pipe - gives you some of the 220's bottom end, just run the stock silencer as it is pretty quiet and has the spart arrester, you can run an aftermarket one for looks, but doesn't really affect anything else like mentioned above except weight!