Sign in to follow this  

Clickers turn way too much ?

Hi guys,

I recently bought a new for me bike Honda Cr 125 2002. Today I wanted to adjust all the suspension clickers back to the default settings. However, I was very surprised when fork rebound and compression clickers had much more clicks then it should have. For example, one fork had 28 rebound clicks (20 is max according to manual) and the other fork 25 (20 should be max), compression clickers of both forks also had almost ten more clicks then it should have.

Rear shock rebound clicker turned 40 clicks instead of 30.

I did not use excessive force, clickers turn nicely. I am also sure that the forks and shock is not from some other model.

How could that happen and is it possible to fix it? I can't adjust my forks equally when they have different number of clickers..

It would be nice to hear your opinions.

the compression are not changable so dont think on that, the rebound on the forks you can make sure the cap is fully threaded onto the rod buy backing out the aduster all the way, then making sure the cap is as far down as it can be, before you tighten the lock nut.

What do you mean that compression is not changable? It has a compression damping clickers on the bottom of forks so it is adjustable.

So the difference of the rebound clicks could only come from the incorrect assembly?

the compression adjusters are not rebuildable, so you cant do them wrong, ie set like that from the factory, the rebound are depending on how you mount them.

Id doesnt actually matter if you count from fully in.

But compression clickers also have too many clicks. It should have about 20 but now they turn like 30 clicks, I can't understand that.

I will try to reassemble the forks once again and then see if anything improves.

My bike's forks are the same way, compression is supposed to have 16 clicks according to the manual, but it goes to 24. I'm not worried about it though.

And what about rebound clickers? Do they turn how they should?

Nope, they are supposed to go to 16 as well, but they go to 24 also.