Sign in to follow this  

valve clearance

ok so i have a crf450r 2002 and it has a 2006 head my intake valve clearance is .010-.012 is the feeler gague that has the best drag and the exhaust valve that is next to the coolant port is at .011-.013 and the other is .007-.009 now from reading the book it sounds like i am good but i just spent good money for this head and want to make sure i am good.

Thanks,

Matt

Intake should be 0.0012in , Exhaust should be 0.0012in Decompressor should be 0.014in

That is for a 02 head

for a 06 head it should be Intake 0.006in , Exhaust 0.011in and no decompressor adjustment on the Exhaust valve assembly , it is on the cam sprocket

yeah but i am using my cam holder as the head didnt come with that so i am leaving them where they are and should be good i hope

ok so i am doing the valve mesurment in the book and my old shims say 1.45 but measure like 1.42 and when i do the calcutalion it tells me i need a smaller shim. then whats in thier i am confused can i just put a new 1.45 like before and be good or what. my clearance is at .012 for intake

matt

Jim dirt i own a 02 , 011 ex. , 006 intake , 06 i don`t know. 02 i do know.

Check with a dealer , but i think that their the same.