I need a spark arrestor

I ride a 96 RM 250 and it has the stock pipe with a pro circuit silencer. As of right now, legally i cant ride my bike in michigan on the trails because of the pro circuit 304 silencer and not having a spark arrestor.

What do you guys recommend? get a Sparky? or just get a silencer with a spark arrestor? I am on a budget, so lets not say get a Q-Stealth or something like that.

Thanks in advanced,

Brian

The cheapest route is to go with a Cobra Sparky, and if you are only going to need it here and there, that could be the best choice. Performance wise, the FMF or PC turbine core silencers are the best. Shop around, lots of these come up on eBay all the time. And if you know someone that can weld aluminum and stainless you could always buy one that's way under price and modify it to fit your bike (I've done that more than once...).

is it just sa requirements or sound restrictions also?

as far as i know its just SA requirements, i could take my pipe now and put a sparky on it, but i dont know if a new silencer or a sparky would be a better investment. And I myself despise loud bikes, so i'm not so fond of my bike now, but i would rather have a bike that is loud and have a spark arrestor, than nothing at all...