Sign in to follow this  

Need Help! tire question

Hey guys I just bought some 18x9 rims for my 2005 Ford Econoline 250 van and am having trouble finding tires for it. I have called several tire stores and a lot of the stores have reccomended me Nexen Roadian HP's in 265-60-18's. I went to another tire store today and they told me they couldn't find me any tires in 265-60-18 that had a load range E. I am really confused on what to do about my situation? Should I just get those Nexen's even if they don't have the same load rating as my van or spend 1000's on some damn tires?

Alright guys I did some more research on tires and cooper makes the discoverer HT and has a load rating of 114T and my van's stock tires are 120-116T. I would be hauling anything but bikes, gear, and 37 gallon's of water in my water tank. Will those coopers be enough for my van? My van has the 4.6L engine in there in case it matters.

Tire Rack has a HUGE selection of tires in that size.

http://tires.tirerack.com/tires/265%2060%2018

For each letter higher, your tire capacity goes up about 120 lbs.....that's 480 lbs less capacity for the set of four.

One or two letter differences isn't that big of a deal if you have no intention of utilizing the full capacity of the van's GWR.

Tire Rack has a HUGE selection of tires in that size.

http://tires.tirerack.com/tires/265%2060%2018

For each letter higher, your tire capacity goes up about 120 lbs.....that's 480 lbs less capacity for the set of four.

One or two letter differences isn't that big of a deal if you have no intention of utilizing the full capacity of the van's GWR.

Thanks man. I went with the Cooper discoverers HT in the plus size just incase I ever needed to haul something heavy besides my girl. I got the tires and rims installed today and it looks sick.

Thanks man. I went with the Cooper discoverers HT in the plus size just incase I ever needed to haul something heavy besides my girl. I got the tires and rims installed today and it looks sick.

Congrats-remember to get the lug nuts retorqued after 50-100 miles (things expand and contract with heat cycles of braking).

Congrats-remember to get the lug nuts retorqued after 50-100 miles (things expand and contract with heat cycles of braking).

Ok, as soon as I put the rims on the van I drove it around the block then re tightned the lug nuts. I'll do it again in a couple of days.