Tire Size

Ok, i have a 2003 yz250f and the front tire is completely shot. Now the original front tire size is 80/100-21 but i have a spare in the shed that is in pretty good condition (way better than mine now) that is a 90/90-21. Will that work fine or? 👍

10mm wider and 10mm shorter. 10mm is a hair over 3/8". That's 3/16" wider on each side of the rim, and roughly 3/8" (depending on tire brand) shorter profile. Really hard to see by just looking at it.

Half right. The first number is width, but the second number is the aspect ratio expressed as a percentage. An 80/100 tire is 80mm wide and has a height that is 100% of the width = 80mm. A 90/90 tire is 90mm wide and has a height of 90% of the width = 81mm. Anyways, the tires are interchangeable. Advanced riders will tell a bit of difference in handling, but normal guys won't.

10mm wider and 10mm shorter. 10mm is a hair over 3/8". That's 3/16" wider on each side of the rim, and roughly 3/8" (depending on tire brand) shorter profile. Really hard to see by just looking at it.

Its not the way the way it looks, its the way it feels and bites. That is where you are going to notice it.

Half right. The first number is width, but the second number is the aspect ratio expressed as a percentage. An 80/100 tire is 80mm wide and has a height that is 100% of the width = 80mm. A 90/90 tire is 90mm wide and has a height of 90% of the width = 81mm. Anyways, the tires are interchangeable. Advanced riders will tell a bit of difference in handling, but normal guys won't.

Yeah, your right. Wasn't thinking.👍

I didn't get into it in my first post. There's also this about tire sizes. I mostly noticed it back when I was in the car tire business. Companies same sizes of tires can vary depending on the company. One companies 205/75/14 placed side by side to another can be quite a bit different in size. Just don't be surprised if you see this.