Sign in to follow this  

Giant Loop MoJavi on a Husky Review

I decided to give the Giant Loop MoJavi a try for my Husky TE-510.

The bag is perfect for small enduro bikes that do not have a subframe or a rear rack.

The Husky is particularly hard to fit because it virtually has no side numberplates.

P1020446.jpg

Looks I might not need a rack at all. The Mojavi is well built and fits the bike perfectly. It hold just enough for a day ride (tools, tubes, a bit of extra fuel and the light weight fleece for the morning chill).

Tools on top:

P1020465.jpg

Fuel (2.1 liter Nalgene) on the right away from the exhaust:

P1020467.jpg

P1020468.jpg

Tubes and the rest can go on the left side.

P1020447.jpg

P1020448.jpg

P1020450.jpg

P1020451.jpg

While standing or sitting on the bike you don't even notice it's there. It even gives you plenty of room to slide backward to hop over logs or steep down hills.

I opted to notch the rear fender to give the bag a tighter hold.

P1020461.jpg

P1020463.jpg

Construction seems really solid.

P1020458.jpg

I'm gonna load it up and give it a test run mid week on an enduro circuit.

I'll report back after the real test run.

Nice write-up. How do you like your Q4 pipe? Do you notice a big difference in sound/power over the stock? Did you have to reconfigure your EFI settings after install? Thanks!

Nice write-up. How do you like your Q4 pipe? Do you notice a big difference in sound/power over the stock? Did you have to reconfigure your EFI settings after install? Thanks!

Take a look at the end of this Thread for that info:

Living with a Husky

Well the MoJavi works superbly. I carried 15 lbs of stuff (tools, tubes and spare fuel) and rode for two hours on an Enduro/hare scramble course full of whoops and I only had to snug up the left side once. After that it was rock solid.

Best of all I did not even notice it was there. I only felt the rear tool bag on my bum once while hopping a log.

This bag certainly voids the need for a rear rack.

P1020479.jpg

P1020483.jpg

P1020484.jpg

P1020485.jpg

The only thing holding me back were the god awful stock Karoo II tires. I have since spooned on some Maxxis Desert tires which are guaranteed to be an improvement.

P1020486.jpg

The only caveat and this is mentioned in the mounting instructions is that the bag will scuff up your plastics and you need to install some sort of protective adhesive layer.

No Protection:

P1020487.jpg

Protection:

P1020502.jpg

Awesome post. I have the big one now and getting that one ASAP. Dave and Crew are semi local to me and great People. Hope to join in on one of their killer DS rides at some point this summer. I reallt like how you strapped it around the frame instead of the footpegs. Great stuff.

Mine should be here today / tomorrow. Look forward tot trying it out. 👍