Sign in to follow this  

How to quiet a CR125?

i just started riding in some new trails that are close to some houses. I have the okay to ride there but a couple comments have been made about how much louder my 2 stroke is vs the 4 stroke I used to ride. Are there any ways to quiet down a 2 stroke without compromising power/speed?

yeah, i personally love the sound of the 2T's, I just don't want to ruin a good thing with being able to ride where I do because the neighbors get pissed. I looked at that link (thanks) but I need it for CR125 and that one only works with a CR250. any other links? thanks for the help!

You are going from a trail bike to a race bike. It will be louder, nothing you can do about it. Plus on a 125 you have to wind them up to get them moving. You can get a 94-96 db pipe, but still will not be quiet.

if you want a quiet woods bike get a stock XR250

You are going from a trail bike to a race bike. It will be louder, nothing you can do about it. Plus on a 125 you have to wind them up to get them moving. You can get a 94-96 db pipe, but still will not be quiet.

if you want a quiet woods bike get a stock XR250

+1

Or don't ride by peoples' houses.

i have to agree with the previous posters that it is hard to quiet a 2 stroke. the silencer would be the best if not only way that i can think of. also, thanks for being considerate of others.👍 when i was younger i used to ride in a vacant lot of about 5 acres in the city. i rode fairly easy but then someone else came out there with a banshee with a 2 into 1 pipe...2 days later no trespassing signs were everywhere

Try repacking you silencer and wrapping the packing around at least a half turn more than what's already in there. My dad repacked my silencer when I was little once and put way too much in there, it was super quiet for a 2 stroke and completely messed up my feel for the bike though haha.

KDX200s and KTM two stroke trail bikes are quiet. I wish we could make race bikes quiet but even with a Q Stealth on a 250 they're louder than the loudest trail specific bike.