Sign in to follow this  

2011 ktm 300

I like black frame instead of orange... too much orange and I go 👍

It might be similar minus the linkage.

I for one hope it stays linkage-less and gets updated to the direct injection.👍

The air box on the 2011 is far superior to all other makes in that it is sealed from mud and water intake. It can withstand continous riding in one meter of water, as it has an intake snorkle routed up under the tank. KTM offers an optional snorkle extension that exits at the steering stem to allow for continous riding in water up to 3 meters deep.

There is no linkage or EFI for 2011.

The air box on the 2011 is far superior to all other makes in that it is sealed from mud and water intake. It can withstand continous riding in one meter of water, as it has an intake snorkle routed up under the tank. KTM offers an optional snorkle extension that exits at the steering stem to allow for continous riding in water up to 3 meters deep.

And you have this all direct from KTM Corporate? I'm pretty sure they are being tight lipped right now about any development coming for 2011. If you're right then great the airbox needed improvement and that will be nice for those interested in getting a new bike next yr. I'm holding off for a DI/FI 300 as my '09 is so well setup right now it would be retarded to not wait!

KTM offers an optional snorkle extension that exits at the steering stem to allow for continous riding in water up to 3 meters deep.

Wow! 3 meters is 9.84 feet 👍! Now that is extreme! Did you mean 3 feet?

I was just thinking the same thing! I would love to see someone ride through water 3 meters deeps. Hopefully KTM supplies scuba gear for the rider as well!

Yes 3 meters. In addition the frame, hubs, and swingarm will come equipped with a valved fitting in order to blow the water out of the bearings.

There will be no EFI or linkage.

Scuba gear will be sold separately.

This is top secret information from KTM headquarters and is for your eyes only.

Does it come w/ a periscope? 3 meters is 9 feet of water.

Give me just one ping!

alec_baldwin1.jpg