Sign in to follow this  

XR600 mods for tall guys

I just bought a 95 XR600 and rode it for the first time today. What a hoot! I just love the power and grunt.

For a big bike though when I stand up I'm way hunched over. Probably because I'm 6'7".

What do I need to do to make this bike fit me better when riding standing?

Also, who offers an automatic clutch for this bike?

I just went out and checked and the bike has Answer Alumilite bars with about a 3 3/4" rise to them so I think it already has the CR High bars. Though maybe I need to go even higher.

Who makes an affordable anti-vibration handlebar riser?

I just went out and checked and the bike has Answer Alumilite bars with about a 3 3/4" rise to them so I think it already has the CR High bars. Though maybe I need to go even higher.

Who makes an affordable anti-vibration handlebar riser?

Rox makes the risers in antivibe too..👍

B

You will most certainly need new cables to get the rise you want. If you stick with 7/8 steel bars, Moose makes a good selection of bars and risers.

A freestyle bend will be taller than CR hi bars. A CR bend is usually not the tallest bar in nost catalogs....don't know why people think they are?

ATV bars are a lot taller, but my problem with them is they have a lot of sweep or pullback. I like straighter bars.

Hi Sigmatero,

I am 6ft 6 inches and ride an XR600. I have fitted 5.5 inch motorcross bars with two inch rox risers. The risers are angled forward to give me more room. Besides I have not been able to get an extra long clutch cable.

This allows me to standup while riding which is a must for certain conditions.

Regards

Garry

Perfect info Garry, just the emperical info I'm needing. I think I'll do something very similar though I might skip the riser and just go with longer bars since I may end up adding a Scotts damper later.

I'm not worried about the clutch cable cause I won't have any- I just ordered an auto today with a LHRB.

I also may go with the lowboy pegs since they're bigger and move the pegs down and back about 1/2" which should be good for my size 15 feet. Between all these changes I should be pretty set.

Of course all the add-ons will be worth about 1.5x what I paid for the bike- yikes. Pay to play...

1.5 inch bar risers are available from Rocky Mountain for $20. Combined with taller bars you should be fine. (free shipping if order is $100)