Sign in to follow this  

DR650 CS seal blowout

Started 650 up and countershaft seal popped out, puked out lotsa oil. scary !!Checked case breather ,seemed fine. Installed new seal with 3 bond. Any ideas?? In my haste didn't notice if CS sprocket shoulder goes in or out when reinstalling (manual doesn't show) . thanks

Started 650 up and countershaft seal popped out, puked out lotsa oil. scary !!Checked case breather ,seemed fine. Installed new seal with 3 bond. Any ideas?? In my haste didn't notice if CS sprocket shoulder goes in or out when reinstalling (manual doesn't show) . thanks

CS hump goes in. Double check vent line for pinching/obstruction. Don't follow manual's instruction for over filling your crankcase with oil.🤣 2 quarts and a filter puts you right where you want to be in the upper middle of the oil level safe zone. 👍

This seems like a problem that is more prevalent than most DR-riders say..

I have this same problem..and I have been following the Manual@2.3qts. with the filter. foul: ......:banana:

I had hoped that any over pressurizing of the crankcase would be removed by the Crankcase breather. But this pushing out the Counter-shaft seal is keeping me from trusting and enjoying the DR.. I love the bike and especially how it rides and Handles.🙂

I need to find the solution to this problem...🤣