Sign in to follow this  

Love my Smoker!!

My son and I jut got KDX 220s. His is a near new 2001, mine is a little used 2005 with a few aftermarket goodies (pipe, bars, Wiseco, hand guards, etc.). Today we changed oil (ATF in mine, Penzoil 20W 50 in his), oiled the chains and went back roading. The oil changes only took a few minutes which is a nice break from the 2000 XR 650R I just sold. It was a good bike but the oil change was a production.

I also removed my left side KIPS cover to have a look and it was really clean. Not really sharing any information here but it's good to be back to the two strokes. I 'drank the cool aid' for a while and went to the dark side (four strokes), but I'M BACK!!

God bless the two stroke!

Winkel:banana:

Welcome back, and congrats! Make sure you check that the pistons in those bikes are Wiseco's and not pro-x. The 220 hates a cast piston. Or maybe the cast piston hates the 220? Either way your wallet hates the result.

The Wiseco kit for my son's bike shipped yesterday. Mine already has the Wiseco in it. We plan to do the top end on his next weekend.