Sign in to follow this  

E start issue on TTR125Le

04' of my daughters. New battery, Sometimes I can get it to grind over a turn or two but not enough to start. Kickstarts fine. I have 12.4 +VDC on the incoming side of the fused relay, but when I hit the magic button I'm only getting a weak 4VDC going to the starter. Anyone know what I should be getting. I tested the relay like the book says, basically seem to be either open or closed. 12V let it open, no voltage let it close.

??

Thanks,

Zac

04' of my daughters. New battery, Sometimes I can get it to grind over a turn or two but not enough to start. Kickstarts fine. I have 12.4 +VDC on the incoming side of the fused relay, but when I hit the magic button I'm only getting a weak 4VDC going to the starter. Anyone know what I should be getting. I tested the relay like the book says, basically seem to be either open or closed. 12V let it open, no voltage let it close.

Check the cabling.

If it's at the starter, then your dropping 8 volts in the cabling/starter, ground path. Cleaning connections and measuring resistances is a good place to start there.

Relay sounds fine.

I'd also do a load test of the battery, just to see if it's putting out the current. You can get 12+ volts, but if you have an older battery, it may not be putting out the full CCA it needs to.

-Kerry