Sign in to follow this  

2000 (or 2001?) TM 300en wiring diagram? (bike is for sale as well)

So, I am getting ready to sell my TM...buying a KTM 300:ride:. When I bought it a couple years ago, the lights didn't work. I didn't really care about the lights so I never looked into it. These bikes apparently have separate systems for the lights and the ignition, it ran like a bat out of hell so I didn't bother.

As I have been pulling it apart to detail it out, I noticed that a bunch of the wires are merely disconnected. All the stock lighting and harnesses are intact, nothing cut (has the horn tucked behind the headlight even!).

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for these? I believe it is a 2000 but it may be a 2001 (can't remember and don't have the pink handy). I can't find it online anywhere.

FYI, below is the bike if anyone is interested in buying it. Shoot me an offer. It looks a little nicer in the pics than in real life for some reason (hey, everything is still stock!). Stand and helmet not included.

c336de8d08.jpg

I think the 2000 and earlier bikes had the two legged centre stand, and the 2001 + bikes had conventional sidestands. The only TM downloads I know of are from the TM Racing site, and they're a bit too sketchy to include wiring diagrams. [And TM being TM, chances are no wiring loom was ever identical🤣] If the wiring loom is all intact, would it be possible to figure out the connections using the wire colours, lengths and matching the connectors?

Really like the see through tank on that model, wish I had one for my 125. Good luck with the sale 👍

Not sure. It has a bunch of spare parts and a topend with < 15 hours on it. Ideally I would like $2500 but I realize with the economy and it being a 10 year old bike it might not be doable. KBB is $2175 which is what I am using as a guide, plus it's a green sticker which go up slightly in value at the end of next month. Eh, who knows.

I figure I'll just throw it out at $2500 and see if any interest, if not I'll keep lowering it until there is some. Once again, I'm open to offers, not really sure what it is worth vs what I can get for it, etc.

Barker Brothers most likely has the diagram and most anything needed. Before you plunk down for big orange, lots of tweaking needed to work ot tuning bugs, pwk 36mm carb.👍 We wishes he would have waited for the 2010 TM. 2010 in CA for test riding and in stock,tuned. You can also post you bike on the site.

Barker can be found at tmracingmotorcycles.com.

Thanks guys. Looking at the modern bike wiring diagrams they actually look the same.