Sign in to follow this  

TTR-50 Versus CRF 50 ???

My Daughter is 6 years old. A friend of ours has lent her an 03' CRF 50R, for the next two Months or so to borrow. I am considering getting her either a CRF 50R (used only) or a Yamaha TTR-50, after we have to return the friend's CRF.

For a six year old girl, she is tall.....I'm guessing 50 inches or so.

Between these two bikes, what would you recommend??

I already own a YZ450F, so I'm leaning toward the Yamaha, plus people have recommended the electric start for training a newbie....I'd like to keep the cost at $700 or lower.

Let me know your recommendations, or if there is a better bike for what she needs.

Thanks

Don

👍

I love the Dr. Strangelove quote!

I vote for the Yamaha, but that is simply because I started on a Yamaha too.

in my opinion i would get wich ever one you can get the better deal on. just remember that because the crf50 doesnt have electric start it ways ten pounds lighter,but then again the electric start will prevent some possible stress here and there.also consider that the crf50 has been out since 2000 and the ttr50 has only been out since 2006,so you could get s crf50 or xr50 much cheaper.

crf50 is a much better bike imo. Much easier to work on and if she grows a bit there are tons of aftermarket parts to make it bigger. It will be a lot easier to sell as well.

I think you've missed the most important info to answering this question:

Can she start the loaner CRF on her own? If so, buy her a Honda. Better aftermarket support. If she can't, then save yourself a lot of headache and get her the Yam.