Dave @ FBI Is da man

Its rare that you come across someone who is at the top of their field and willing to share their knowledge, and its just as rare to find a shop that will let you talk with their top tech over the phone let alone for an extended period of time. Usually I have to deal with a secretary that is reciting a cookie cutter answer but can't explain the technical side of the product in question or Im talking to a second hand tech thats really just a glorified helper. When I called David from FBI Suspension, not only did he answer his phone, he went far and above anyone I have dealt with in regaurds to customer service. I had some specific questions about how to setup my 09 crf450 because honestly I was ready to sell it and get a '10 YZ450F. He spent OVER AN HOUR on the phone with me sharing info on specifics of the Ohlins suspension, how it works, and what would be the best setup for me. Every question I gave him he explored thoroughly, rather than regurgitating a standard answer like many shops do. Not once did he try and sell the suspension and when I asked about upgrades like Ti springs he was honest and told me that those upgrades are for those with an unlimited budget, when he could have exploited me for some extra profit. I asked about his experience with Ohlins suspension and was blown away by how much influence he has in developing and revamping the Ohlins MX branch, not to mention his experience with factory road raceing:worthy:. I will be running his suspension on my crf450, trx450, and GSXR750 soon and look forward to having his technical support to get it dialed in as best as possible. I just figured that such honesty and service deserves recognition and applause.👍

Edited by digarcia1987

Ya know...I'm not sure who he is talking about.

I could not find anything on "FBI Suspension" and I don't think he means "SPI"

Perhaps a name and address would help. Sounds like a good resource.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Dave is very thorough, and completely understands every aspect of suspension. I had his suspension on my 09 CRF 450, and now a set on my '10 150SX. He will re-valve it to your needs, when you purchase for free (if it needs it) I'm very pleased with FBI as I've also tried others who sell and so call "service" ohlins and they were a complete joke. I will not bad mouth anyone, but if you want solid suspension and professional service call Dave at FBI.