Looking for a place to camp over Easter week

Looking for a good place to camp and hang out for a few day during Easter week, my gut is telling me to head out to the middle of Nevada to avoid the crowds but thought I'd see if anybody knew of any good spots to camp, ride and hang out for a few days? Looking around the auburn area or outside of auburn a bit. Thanks for any advice, cheers

This isnt SoCal crowds are not even close to what you would see there.

Moonrocks would be good for desert, but I bet you could even go to Georgetown for the weekend and not be too crowded.

Up here in Butte County all the schools have staggered there spring breaks for whatever reason which helps keep the crowds down.

There were a lot of people at Stonyford (Fouts Springs staging area) last weekend, but once we got up into the pines we didn't see too many people. Granted it was Sunday and a lot of people may have pulled up stakes to get home. The soil was absolutely perfect up there!

Wonderful place. We stay there several times per year and the whole family loves it! You can ride from the campgrounds into some beautiful singletrack or stay on the endless fire roads with the little ones in tow. Don and Deb (owners) are great people and will make you feel very welcome. Full hook ups too...You cant go wrong. Larry

http://www.riverrestresort.com/

Wonderful place. We stay there several times per year and the whole family loves it! You can ride from the campgrounds into some beautiful singletrack or stay on the endless fire roads with the little ones in tow. Don and Deb (owners) are great people and will make you feel very welcome. Full hook ups too...You cant go wrong. Larry

http://www.riverrestresort.com/

A lot of that raea will still be under snow. Prolly plenty of road to ride w/o snow, but where the ST is I think there will be some impassable locations.

This isnt SoCal crowds are not even close to what you would see there.

Moonrocks would be good for desert, but I bet you could even go to Georgetown for the weekend and not be too crowded.

Up here in Butte County all the schools have staggered there spring breaks for whatever reason which helps keep the crowds down.

That's the reason...

would love to go to georgetown but wondering if it will be open with all the rain in that area as of late? we're looking to go out sunday-thursday. looks to be cold and windy at the place we were going to go in nv... running out of options that i know of

would love to go to georgetown but wondering if it will be open with all the rain in that area as of late? we're looking to go out sunday-thursday. looks to be cold and windy at the place we were going to go in nv... running out of options that i know of

Rode there Saturday. Very few small patches of snow, saw maybe 3 or 4 in the shade total. Water puddles scattered throughout the trails but was mostly dry. Might be worth giving the rangers station a call first though to be sure. Larry