Sign in to follow this  

Washington Lookiing to ride with someone at Odessa 100 on Sunday the 11th

I'm riding in the Desert 100 weekend. Saturday I'll ride in the family poker run with my 10y/o son. On Sunday I'll ride in the Old Timers Class (I'm 47) in the Desert 100. Would like to find someone to hook up with for the ride. This will be my first 100 mile ride. I am an intermediate rider, not slow, but not 20 year old fast either, I ride a 2009 DRZ 400. I don't plan on breaking any bones, I plan on having fun and being able to go to work on Monday. 👍

There will be plenty of folks riding around you....you will not be alone....

I'm riding in the Desert 100 weekend. Saturday I'll ride in the family poker run with my 10y/o son. On Sunday I'll ride in the Old Timers Class (I'm 47) in the Desert 100. Would like to find someone to hook up with for the ride. This will be my first 100 mile ride. I am an intermediate rider, not slow, but not 20 year old fast either, I ride a 2009 DRZ 400. I don't plan on breaking any bones, I plan on having fun and being able to go to work on Monday. 👍

I'm 48 and am riding with a 30 year old I work with. We both decided to let the pros, pit racers and teens go at the cannon and wait a minute (or 5) and then take off. PM me and we can all line up together if need be. Share slime water and master links. We as well just want to finish in one piece.

I'm 48 and am riding with a 30 year old I work with. We both decided to let the pros, pit racers and teens go at the cannon and wait a minute (or 5) and then take off. PM me and we can all line up together if need be. Share slime water and master links. We as well just want to finish in one piece.

I planned that once too but when I got lined up on the fence and the cannon went off I got all excited and ran for it. 👍

I also figured out you don't need to give the fast guys a head start. They get a head start no matter what!

Have fun it's a blast.

Oh man your gonna miss all the fun. Or it might be you guys are tge smart ones, lol. If i could only have captured some of the craszy things my periphrral vision caught last time i went. People full speed endoing and cartwheeling, others braving some new rocky section to aviid the bottlneck only to go down super hard. My favorite was following some guy on a wr450 and i could tell he was getting nervous i was behind him then sure enough, slash into a stream. Great times.

Yes, we do not shake off the little tumbles as fast as we used too! Do we?👍

That is so true the old timers take a lot longer to recover especially if they get really messed up.

Case in point, my dad signed up for the Desert 100 on Fri March 12 on Sat March 12 we went riding to get ready for the 100. Well he ended up eating it hard, had to ride 4 miles out of it as well. Took him to the hospital........ prognosis....... broken ribs, punctured lung, partially collapsed lung, and ripped up his shoulder pretty bad should be getting MRI results tommarrow. But he is a pretty tough and stubborn old man.

He is in a TON of pain so there is no way he will be in the 100 which he is pretty mad about, still wants to do it but he cant push his motorcycle into the pickup let alone ride it.

-mt-

more then welcome to join us, this is my 5th year, my good friend who just got back from over seas, and 2 of my cuz's, if your interested let me know