Kicker not engaging--Brand new KLX 110L

Just got a brandy new KLX 110L. At the dealer it was started with the button. Brought it home, and kicked to start it and the kicker did not engage, so just used the button. Then after done riding, tried the kicker and still didn't work, then again and again and again, then magically it grabbed and worked. Obviously this is not right. Anyway, I have done some searching and it seems that there is an issue with the 110. Thank goodness it has a 6 month warranty, which I have never heard of--I'm a KTM guy and they give 30 days. Looks like I'll be taking it back to the dealer to make it right. If it is a relatively simple fix/adjustment, I'd rather do it myself as opposed to making a jaunt to the dealer...anyway anyone out there have any ideas?? Much appreciated!!!!👍

It's under warranty. Take it to the dealer. It's important that the manufacturers see the flaws in their bikes. It helps them correct manufacturing "issues" that would cause other owners of these bikes to have the same problem that you're having. I'm sure it'll be a quick fix but take it to them.

It's under warranty. Take it to the dealer. It's important that the manufacturers see the flaws in their bikes. It helps them correct manufacturing "issues" that would cause other owners of these bikes to have the same problem that you're having. I'm sure it'll be a quick fix but take it to them.

X2

Never fix anything yourself on a brand new bike. Even if it is minor. Take it back to the dealer so they can document the problem and give feedback to the manufacturers.

I thought something was wrong with mine, but I think that to kick start you must be in neutral with the clutch out on the 2010 KLX 110L. I would try it for you, but it's in hiding offsite until my wife's birthday later in April. Then again, you could have a problem.

On the subject of starting: I was riding my nephews 2010 110 (not L) and it seems it has a hard time starting from the electric start (hot or cold). Now, I have not installed any new jets. I have not adusted a thing as of yet. I am waiting for a long weekend (and the Easter weekend might be the one) to read through the manual, etc. I was thinking, and this is just an amateur guess, might it be that the jetting is a little too rich? I start it by holding the throttle about 1/4 and firing it up that way (shouldnt it start with no throttle???). Or, does that mean jetting a little too lean?

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone else is having the same issue. Last I kicked it, all gears were catching. I will let you know if that changes somewhere up the road.

Let me know what you find out KTM. I took my sons 110L out of the garage the other day to ride it. Hasn't been started in a while since my son broke his collar bone in Jan. Went to kick start it to save the battery and the same thing happened. It was like something was broken. Once I started it with the electric start the kick start started working again. Strange.

Just to keep everyone posted, this past Saturday I was teaching my nieces and nephews to ride my 2010 110 (NOT the L model).

I just wanted to say that the kickstart has been working flawlessly. I know there have been issues for some of you, but it appears not all of these brand new 110s have kickstarting issues.

Just wanted to keep everyone posted.

• 10 months later...
I thought something was wrong with mine, but I think that to kick start you must be in neutral with the clutch out on the 2010 KLX 110L. I would try it for you, but it's in hiding offsite until my wife's birthday later in April. Then again, you could have a problem.

Just got a 110l for my boy on Monday and I noticed the same. Clutch in with electric start and clutch out for kick. Works like a charm 👍