What oil to run in trans and motor?

i just bought a new to me 2008 honda 450 and was wondering what oil you guys run in these things.

i hear the amount is somewhere around 700cc's in both sides.

ive been reading and a lot of people like rotella oil is this something that can be put in the trans and the motor or just the motor thanks for everything.

Engine and Trans oil levels

FAQ:

The stock engine oil capacity on the CRF450R engine is:

670cc with out an oil filter service.

690cc with the filter service.

The transmission level:

Suggested level from Honda is 580cc. Many have found that the kick-starter idler gear squeals at that level because its under oiled. I suggest you run your oil level between 600-700cc. Personally I run 625cc’s. Some have run as much as a full quart in the transmission. Personally I feel this is too much and could cause over heating in the transmission.

Using the check oil hole in the side case for the transmission/clutch can be problematic unless you follow the complete routine which is as follows. Drain, and refill. Start engine. Check the level. If its low, add oil, start engine, then recheck with the check hole. The reason you have to start the engine is because the way the clutch basket distributes the oil throughout the transmission. It’s a hell of a lot easier to just pour a sufficient and measured amount of oil in and be done with it.

i use the honda gold botte with the synthetic blend in the motor ... and the honda hp trans oil for the transmission 700cc both sides...

not trying to hi-jack this thread but how often is the trans oil supposed to be changed?

so they both take the same kind of oil thats kinda sweet how much money is the honda hp and how much is 700cc's like 2/3rds quart?

Get a Ratio Rite. They are cheap. Run 700cc of any 10w40-20w50 motor oil in each side of the engine. Change oil every 7-8 hours and filter every other oil change. If you are tight for cash, run Rotella T 15w40. It's the best bang for the buck.

The engine fill plug is located on the left engine case, and the trans fill plug is on the right case above and to he left of the impeller cover 👍

(Rotella 15W-40 for me @ 700cc both sides)

same here. hundreds and hundreds of hours on my 04crf450. Just split the cases to check/replace the crank and install an 08head w/ ss valves. Crank looks AWESOME.. Rotella 15-40 synth (blue bottle) on both sides. CHange the clutch/trans side about 2x as often as the cylinder/crank side too. Use it in my cr250, and sometimes my roadrace R6 bikes (have 2). Crank looks incredible there too and just had it torn down following races at Daytona.

same here. hundreds and hundreds of hours on my 04crf450. Just split the cases to check/replace the crank and install an 08head w/ ss valves. Crank looks AWESOME.. Rotella 15-40 synth (blue bottle) on both sides. CHange the clutch/trans side about 2x as often as the cylinder/crank side too. Use it in my cr250, and sometimes my roadrace R6 bikes (have 2). Crank looks incredible there too and just had it torn down following races at Daytona.

Is this the regular Rotella 15w-40 that I run in my Duramax? Does it have the proper additives for the clutches?