Sign in to follow this  

TCX Pro 2 vs Alpinestars Tech 7

Just wondering what the opinions were on these boots. I can get the Alpinestars for $265 and the TCX's for $258. The TCX's seem to have more high end features on them but I've never seen a pair. I've tried on the alpinestars and have heard good things about them. My budget is $300 or less. Also these will be used for trail riding and hare scrambles. Thanks

Ive had a set of oxtars for like 5 years now there still holding up well enough. Theyve been through hell for most of those 5 years and they keep standing and ready for more. Im going to replace them now but for sure with another pair of tcx's no doubt. great underrated unknown brand.

I had a pair of the tech 7's and got rid of them. I thought the buckles were a joke and they fit sort of lose. I'd go for the TCX's.

+1 on the gaerne's great boots.

Ive had a pair of tcx's for a couple of years now and they are solid construction but my heal seems to lift in the boot and it drives me crazy.

Seen way to many alpinestars blow out the soles very quickly for me to spend my money on them.

yea, The thing about the gaerne's is that their made in italy were as the Alpinestar tech 7s don't say where thier made so its probably china or some other cheap labor country. Solid construcion all around. Fastbacks are about the same price as tech 7s

The Fastbacks have been replaced by the new React boot.

I'm in the hunt for my first pair of boots as well. 50/50 trail riding and my first forays on a motocross track. Kind of skinny feet, size 12. At 42, looking for comfy/safe and stable.👍 Thinking alpinestars Tech 7's or the Fom Comp 5's. Any thoughts/suggestions?

I'm in the hunt for my first pair of boots as well. 50/50 trail riding and my first forays on a motocross track. Kind of skinny feet, size 12. At 42, looking for comfy/safe and stable.👍 Thinking alpinestars Tech 7's or the Fom Comp 5's. Any thoughts/suggestions?

My feet are a standard size 9 and the tech 7's were pretty lose feeling. I was wearing thick socks to compensate, so tech 7's might be lose on you. I have Sidi Chargers now and they were very snug until they stretched out after a few hours of riding.

Take a serious look at the ARC m240v

I took a gamble on a set recently and have been pretty impressed with them. They have a true hinged design that makes them very comfortable. They do have the molded sole ala alpinestars, but have held up pretty good so far with 3 HS races on them now. I bought mine from rockymountainatv.com

Take a serious look at the ARC m240v

I took a gamble on a set recently and have been pretty impressed with them. They have a true hinged design that makes them very comfortable. They do have the molded sole ala alpinestars, but have held up pretty good so far with 3 HS races on them now. I bought mine from rockymountainatv.com

I read all the reviews on these and it's tempting to go with them and use the rest of the money for more toys. They have good reviews on rocky mountain atv.